What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing app icons

Bushwhacker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I get my app icons back on? Missing half of them since iOS7, sorry if this has been answered already...

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are your referring to actual apps missing or safari shortcut icon?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two things I can think of here.

1) If you did an OTA update on your iPad you could do a restore via iTunes on your PC/Mac assuming that you have a back up to restore from.

2) Open the App Store app on your iPad and choose the purchased tab, you can then find the apps you had previously installed and re-download them.

The Archangel

OP
B

Bushwhacker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the icons are in the app store app, some in cloud and some just ask to open? I may try the back up on my pc...

OP
B

Bushwhacker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I remove the app in itunes on my pc, then download from the cloud, my icon comes back. I hate you ios7...

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out at the moment what you're doing. It seems to me that you're using a more complicated method to get your problem solved.

First of all: did you reset your iPad after updating? (It's recommended, sometimes it will fix problems.) To reset your device (NOT connected to iTunes): press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.

Next: you don't need to delete apps in iTunes (computer). If you want to reinstall them: open App Store - Purchased, tap the ones you want to install (with the cloud). Again: no need to connect your iPad to iTunes.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bushwhacker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahhhhh, thank you! Reset worked, icons are back, and now I can delete apps, could not before?

Most reactions