What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini 4 iPad unable to save to windows 10 Pc

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all.
I hope this is being posted to the correct forum as it has been a long time since I last posted.

I run a Windows 10 PC with the latest Windows 10, iTunes and iPad software loaded.

I also run an iPad Mini 4 which has the latest version OS also installed , Version 13.6.

The problem I am experiencing was also happening prior to any of my recent OS updates, i.e. the updates on the PC and the Mini Pad 4.

I have no problem backing up the iPad Mini to the "Cloud" only to the PC.

When I try to back up to my PC I get the following error message:

"Tunes could not back-up XXXXXX Mini Pad because a session could not be started".

The annoying part is that my wife has the same iPad Mini that I have and yet there is no problem at all with hers.

Cheers john

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Janset.
Seems like the problem is with the iPad?
Have you tried resetting the iPad first?
Have you tried a different PC?
Do you open iTunes and then plug in the iPad and wait for the little icon that says basically that iTunes is ready, then click on that icon?
Perhaps uninstall iTunes and re install it.
Have you "googled" that fault?

OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Peter.

Yes I also think the problem is with the iPad mini.

I do not have access to another PC at the moment, I am still looking around for one on loan.

Yes I do plug the iPad in with cable and wait until the greyed icon has darken up, I then I click to select my mini pad from the list and not my wife's.

I have google'd the problem but so far nothing fruitful has been forthcoming.

As for resetting the Mini pad, here I am cautious and do not want to rush in, I have a lot of data there and I am not familiar with iCloud should all go pearshaped. Same goes for uninstalling iTunes and re-installing considering there is no problem with my wife's mini pad as her iPad mini is linked to this iTunes account also.

So far I am unable to see any settings on her mini pad that are set any different to mine, but then there are Sooo many settings to go through.

What really peeves me is that everything else works perfectly. Ah well back to the drawing boards.

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Janset.
I mentioned "reset" I meant "restart".
The restart will not cause any grief, but in my experience it fixes many problems.
Have you tried doing the backup without being online?
I have iTunes set to backup to "This computer" then "Local backup" then "Encrypted".
iTunes does not ask me "Which device?" (I have 2 iPads and 2 iPhones).
This is probably because I hide any previous backup file from iTunes.
Maybe you need to hide any old backup files from iTunes.
Alas none of the above may help.
What happens if you backup an iPhone?

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Janset.
I used this phrase into duckduckgo and got several good options.

Mini iPad because a session could not be started

Most reactions

Latest posts