What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mifi 4g

mhillman71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got excited to see that Verizon was offering the 4G mifi. I bought it yesterday and it took me an hour to set it up because the sim card was never activated at the store. Needless to say the 4G made my iPad and iPad 2 very slow. I used the mifi I originally got when I bought the first iPad and it worked faster and way better. Has anyone else tried the 4G mifi?

Mark R Hillman Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got excited to see that Verizon was offering the 4G mifi. I bought it yesterday and it took me an hour to set it up because the sim card was never activated at the store. Needless to say the 4G made my iPad and iPad 2 very slow. I used the mifi I originally got when I bought the first iPad and it worked faster and way better. Has anyone else tried the 4G mifi?

Hello again!!

I have a MiFi unit too and have experienced the same problem. But over time I found that the issue was that the cell tower I was using was heavily loaded at the time with other users - iPhones, 3G iPads, other cell phones. During the 'quiet hours' the speed was great. I know that's not much help, but it's sort of an explanation - the problem is not with your 4G MiFi per se, it's a congestion issue. Perhaps the other MiFi you used has a different carrier with less users or you did the test at a different time?

Tim
Scotland

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have heard that the LTE from Verizon is supposed to work more effective because of the new system. There are obviously less people using the 4g so you shouldn't be slowed down at all unless you have poor coverage. I have been wondering about the mifi from Verizon and if the speed is truly faster. Is your iPad wifi only?

OP
mhillman71

mhillman71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a iPad and iPad 2 it didn't work at all with the 4g mifi. I agree it could be my area I live near a hospital. I have the regular mifi I bought with my first iPad and that is really fast!

Most reactions

Latest posts