What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Working on 'touch first' Version of Office for Apple's iPad

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
microsoft-office-13-ipad-in-hand.jpg

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer recently revealed that Microsoft is currently developing a "touch first" variant of Microsoft Office for the iPad. Here's a quote with more of the details,

...outgoing Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer told the Gartner Symposium/ITxpo on Tuesday that his company was in the midst of developing a “touch-first†version of Office that would release on the iPad shortly after releasing on Windows 8.1. Ballmer gave no information on when the touch-centric version of Office would be available and would only say that it’s a work “in progress.†Microsoft released a mobile version of Office for the iPhone and Android smartphones this year so it was only a matter of time before the company released a version of the software that’s tailored specifically to tablets.

Supposedly, this version will debut sometime after Microsoft releases a touch-friendly Windows version. This will be a smart move for the Redmond based company to help make sure its Office products continue to evolve into the mobile world. What do you guys think? Sound off if you would like to use MS Office products on your iPad.

Source: BGR

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They are about four years late. Many of us have been using an alternate office product and are happy with that. I love QuickOffice pro and that serves my needs. It's great it's coming out and all that but this should have been out a while ago, IMO.

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When will it be released? I'm using Microsoft Office since it easier. I like this one. hehe

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hope it will be free for those that have 365 Office and iPad as one of the five devices to use 365. Great working on projects, reports. Presentations on long trips, especially with sky drive. If they would only open the door foe a mini 64 GB USB.

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IMHO the killer tablet app for business is the one that delivers all the desktop office tools capability on a tablet... until then my road-warrior packback will always need to carry my laptop as well as my iPad :-(

Most reactions

Latest posts