What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft takes on iPad with a new Windows ad

techguru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok the advert shows the weaknesses but really if you want to put your own photos on your ipad. Don't use a card. Use iCloud. Also Microsoft have forgotten one of the major critical aspects of tablet computing. It needs to be hack proof. Why would they put an insecure OS base like the windows kernel on a ultra portable device. With iOS I have never been hacked or trolled for data. I have with windows.

Good bye Microsoft and good luck

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok the advert shows the weaknesses but really if you want to put your own photos on your ipad. Don't use a card. Use iCloud. Also Microsoft have forgotten one of the major critical aspects of tablet computing. It needs to be hack proof. Why would they put an insecure OS base like the windows kernel on a ultra portable device. With iOS I have never been hacked or trolled for data. I have with windows.

Good bye Microsoft and good luck

I hear ya but the cloud isn't as convenient as the SD card slot. I like iPads better than another tablet but don't pretend that USB and SD card slots aren't darned convenient. Most apple people know this much. Just saying.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Life moves on .....DVD burners use to be a necessary now disappearing from most computers. Wifi is cleaner and easier...besides if you need to load sd cards or usb flash drives you can buy inexpensive small wifi adapters that support sd cards and USB plus wifi hot spot make it easy to transfer or,stream any thing. Some ultra books only have one USB slot now......the future drives and cards will be wifi....
The answer...
This adapter is awesome.....well worth the $60. Streams to 3 devices at once inc computers, tablets and phones even iPod touch's
http://www.ipadforums.net/portable-wifi-drives/109949-wi-reader-dw09-adapter-ipad-iphone-ipod.html

Same thing with wifi printers some even have hot spot wifi. Ie wifi direct no net work required.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Life moves on .....DVD burners use to be a necessary now disappearing from most computers. Wifi is cleaner and easier...besides if you need to load sd cards or usb flash drives you can buy in expensive small wifi adapters that support sd cards and USB plus wifi hot spot make it easy to transfer or,stream any thing. Some ultra books only have one USB slot now......the future drives and cards will be wifi....
The answer...
This adapter is awesome.....well worth the $60. Streams to 3 devices at once inc computers, tablets and phones even iPod touch's
http://www.ipadforums.net/portable-wifi-drives/109949-wi-reader-dw09-adapter-ipad-iphone-ipod.html

Same thing with wifi printers some even have hot spot wifi. Ie wifi direct no net work required.

I do suppose that the times are a changin, aren't they? I did notice that Mac book pros and airs don't have optical drives whilst checking them out the other day. Interesting.

Most reactions