What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microphone built in, but what apps

iJake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, over looking the Ipads Tech Specs, i have only just noticed there is a built in Mic, anyone have any ideas of what sort of apps this will be good for?? :ipad-keyboard: Possibly Instant messaging voice clips?

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several good voice-to-text apps on the iPhone. I am sure at least some of the them will have an iPad version as well.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several good voice-to-text apps on the iPhone. I am sure at least some of the them will have an iPad version as well.

iPad is going to be a pretty nice gaming platform...maybe team play.

OP
I

iJake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats pretty exciting, if only the first gen had a camera, then skype, msn etc would be much more interesting :ipad-front:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats pretty exciting, if only the first gen had a camera, then skype, msn etc would be much more interesting :ipad-front:

Touch is on 3rd Gen and still no cam, why is everyone assuming the ipad will ever have one?

OP
I

iJake

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Touch is on 3rd Gen and still no cam, why is everyone assuming the ipad will ever have one?
Id rather it on the ipad with that vibrant screen than a small touch screen, web chat would be wicked:)

Etiene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife found some foreign language learning apps for Ipod Touch that require a mic.This will help with that.

OP
I

iJake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm, wouldnt mind learning french come to think of it :), that sounds pretty clever:ipad-keyboard:

marlenedegrood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For Dictation Use ....

Dragon Dictation ..... you can dictate your memo and it will type it out for you, then you can copy and paste into email or Pages.

brandonhd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skype works great on it, seems kinda crazy talking on the iPad. The sound quality is good on both ends. I tried the iPhone headphones with the mic also, works great.

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dragon Dictation ..... you can dictate your memo and it will type it out for you, then you can copy and paste into email or Pages.

What he said... works good. Just be aware you need a data connection (wifi or 3g) for it to work.

humanporkrind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the notes app that was 99c and it has where you can make cards and put voice to them so you can record your own message with the card and send it via email or mms.

OP
I

iJake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm all sounds very good, seems like there are a few apps i can look forward to upon release in the UK

Most reactions

Latest posts