What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Messed up lockscreen keypad preventing user access

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried a tweak called lockscreeninfo and lockCalendar at the same time, and it worked great for a while until i went to sync the purchased apps to itunes, once i did this and rebooted all the sudden my lock pad password protection GUI went bananas, the ok button is somewhere else, does not work at all, i cant even log into the ipad again now

anyone else experience this?

and whats the best resolution for this, erase=?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Uninstall those two tweaks from your iPad and see if that helps.

Oh, and from where did you get those tweaks? Usually, syncing with iTunes does not cause problems with jailbroken iPads and tweaks.

Oh, and you don't have a virus, so I've edited your title. You've just got tweaks not acting right...

Marilyn

OP
F

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uninstall those two tweaks from your iPad and see if that helps.

Oh, and from where did you get those tweaks? Usually, syncing with iTunes does not cause problems with jailbroken iPads and tweaks.

Oh, and you don't have a virus, so I've edited your title. You've just got tweaks not acting right...

Marilyn
thanks for the reply

the problem is the lockscreen, no way to unlock it becuase the OK button to click after adding the pasword does nothing, its not even where it used to be its in the middle of the screen and landscape mode does not work at all, its also not locked.

You sure its not a virus?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Positive it's not a virus.

Can you get it into Safe Mode so you can go back to Cydia and uninstall those tweaks? They are what's causing your problem and the only solution is to get back to Cydia to get them removed. Else, you'll have to restore the iPad...

Marilyn

OP
F

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i dont know how to boot into safe mode, i looked online just now and most of the instructions start after you log into your ipad, nothing before adding the password, i restored it 3 times as well and from several back ups dating back before i jailbroken it, yet it still shows the login password box broken up into a few pieces, also to add since it does not allow me to go to landscape mode i can not swipe up SBSettings, how clever of a hack right.,

How should i get out of this one? lol

Last edited:
OP
F

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i tried to shut it down just now and the slider wont even allow me to turn it off, sounds like a hack

OP
F

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Positive it's not a virus.

Can you get it into Safe Mode so you can go back to Cydia and uninstall those tweaks? They are what's causing your problem and the only solution is to get back to Cydia to get them removed. Else, you'll have to restore the iPad...

Marilyn
hey im good to go here, i removed those tweeks like you suggested, im sure one was a hack becuase of weird sources it came from, (NEVER AGAIN HERE)
What i did was fallow the steps to get into DFU mode, but i pulled the plug, held the two buttons again and it restarted in safe mode, allowing me to restore from a back up

now i learned the difference between JAILBREAK and HACKED, not the same ordeal at all :)

in the end of the day, if it was not for this forum, i do not know where i would of even gathered the instinct to solve anything, thanks!

Most reactions