What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merging PDF Files

PinnacleREGroup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All!

New here and this is my first post.

I have Goodreader to view all of my PDF files and it works great for that function. But, I'm needing to merge a few of my files together.

Q. Is there any way to do that in Goodreader? If not, is there another app that will do it?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and helping.

Ipad.Mad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What you can try is putting the PDF onto your PC and using Adobe Reader (Free software) to merge the files together. Then stick it back onto your device!

Will provide links if needed.

OP
P

PinnacleREGroup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys.

Yes, I don't have a problem doing that on my Mac. I have the full version of Acrobat.

I'm trying to figure out if I can do that directly on my iPad. If anyone has done this, please do let me know.

Thanks a million.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do believe (but I could be wrong - it has happened before) that you do need the full-blown Adobe Acrobat program in order to manipulate the files since the Adobe Reader is just that... a reader.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do believe (but I could be wrong - it has happened before) that you do need the full-blown Adobe Acrobat program in order to manipulate the files since the Adobe Reader is just that... a reader.

Let me reassure you in that you are right!:D
You need a full blown Adobe Reader to perform any document manipulation.
Photoshop CS has a PDF assembly in the automation features. That's what I use.

I've done some research in the App Store and there is nothing yet that looks like it will assemble documents let alone create PDFs other than save web page as PDF.

I wish Pages outputs could be read inside the iPad instead of sending documents via email. Pages saves documents to PDF. You can open PDF documents on Pages through Goodreader, then do some cut and paste, then send yourself the resulting document through email, then reopen it with Goodreader to select what you want to have done with it then...

"Why do simple when you can do complicated."

poshpantspaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok it's not possible to do complicated manipulation but the poster asked about merging files. If you are on a mac this can be done simply using 'preview'. I'm still on the search for an iPad app that does this.

Presently I'm using iAnnotatePDF which allows quite a lot of freedom.

ipad_Bazzer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved

I read this post a few days ago and I have now found the answer. There is an app called Save2PDF and it merges PDFs together on the iPad, as well as convert normal documents. Just do a search on Save2PDF in the app store and you will find it!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it's brand new, from Eurosmartz, the ones behind a slew of printing apps.
Got the email announcement from them this weekend.

kkken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Multiple PDF layers

I'm using safari to view pdf documents online and unable to view page layers beyond the first page. The site has java based viewing. Any ideas?

mabsguzman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using PDF Converter which allows you to make any we page into a PDF and lets you open into other programs i.e. dropbox, annotate, lifeforms etc... No merging of files. Can do on desktop I too have full version of Acrobat. Hopefully an iPad is soon in the making.

rodneyranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found a way to merge PDFs on the iPad, but it is a bit cumbersome. The app is called "PDF Forms" and it has an edit button where you can add one page at a time, so then you have to copy each page you want to add to the document. I think I'll try the Save2PDF app instead. Thanks for the info.....R

Mohnasm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found out at there is a new app that can merge PDFs and its for free: "https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pdf-tacker-lite/id581265512?mt=8" PDF Tacker

I'm quite happy with the app...

Most reactions

Latest posts