What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mercury faster on Iphone ??

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad 3 runs Mercury so sloooow, or is it Mercury that is slow at my Ipad ?

Tried various fixes and just now Nitro - but no obvious faster Mercury ;(

Today I installed Mercury on my Iphone 4s. Samme wireless as on my pad, but no nitro on my Iphone.

Mercury was blistering fast and super responsive !

Why? Is Ipad so much slower or is it something wrong with me??

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not seeing a difference between my devices. I'm testing on the iPod touch 4th an 5th gen, i4, i4S, i5 and iPad 2- mini. The only difference is a fraction of a second or a few seconds (on the i4 and iPod touches) of difference that remains consistent throughout. Anyone can chime in with their test comparison?

OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a sidenote.

You know Winbot. This app is blistering fast on my Ipad, just as fast as the dearly beloved Safari.

I am unable to understand why then Mercury shows such sluggishness on my Pad, compared to these two ;(

OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waste of money

Mercury simply did not work properly. As a member of several discussion boards/ forums, I simply could not have a browser
That chrashed all the time I opened messages/ replied to threads/ looked at high rez photo attachment. Safari never crashed on these sites,
Mercury crashed "everytime"

So now Im back to good old Safari, just will have to live with its shortcommings :(

And confused. Why is it so hard so difficult to make browsers work properly ?

D

Deleted member 247820

Hello MorA!

I use Mercury on my iPad 2.
I have tried several browsers and I have found Mercury to be the best!
I know that does not help you at all. But have you tried emailing their help desk?
I emailed regarding a minor issue and I got an answer within hours!
That's quick!

OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, here is the challenge.

To get decent sound "out of" our Ipad - you want some decent earphones, a good amp, and pref. a better DAC.
All this is discussed lively the following forum;

http://www.head-fi.org/f/

I should really really want to know how a friend experience being a user on this site, using Mercury on Ipad

But I have no such friends, maybe one of You could visit this site with Mercury .....

D

Deleted member 247820

Ok, here is the challenge.

To get decent sound "out of" our Ipad - you want some decent earphones, a good amp, and pref. a better DAC.
All this is discussed lively the following forum;

http://www.head-fi.org/f/

I should really really want to know how a friend experience being a user on this site, using Mercury on Ipad

But I have no such friends, maybe one of You could visit this site with Mercury .....

Hello MorA.
I pasted that link into Mercury.
The page opened within 3 seconds.
The next page within 3 seconds.
And another page within 3 seconds.
Note my WIFI is the old 50Mbs.
I was happy with the result.
How long does your iPad/Mercury take?

OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, you misunderstood.

Oh yes, that site opens fast as Safari on Mercury, and the browsing speed is as Safari or mostly faster.

The problem is when you are a user and are logged in as a user. Starting to post and reply to other postings - then Mercury tends to get slooow and often crashes. When using Safari, I never experience such slow/ sluggish performance. And Safari has not yet crashed on this site.

Of course, I could use Mercury as offline user. But, to change browser to reply, thats to much of a trouble.

D

Deleted member 247820

Sorry, you misunderstood.

Oh yes, that site opens fast as Safari on Mercury, and the browsing speed is as Safari or mostly faster.

The problem is when you are a user and are logged in as a user. Starting to post and reply to other postings - then Mercury tends to get slooow and often crashes. When using Safari, I never experience such slow/ sluggish performance. And Safari has not yet crashed on this site.

Of course, I could use Mercury as offline user. But, to change browser to reply, thats to much of a trouble.

Hi MorA.
OK, I am always logged in on this site.
Using Mercury I have no problems.
So I suggest you try the Mercury Help Desk.

OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ops

I was wrong?

you are one of them most helpful people at Head fi website/ forum ?

Oh dear !!

D

Deleted member 247820

Ops

I was wrong?

you are one of them most helpful people at Head fi website/ forum ?

Oh dear !!

Hello MorA.
Why are you sorry?
You have said nothing wrong as far as I can tell.
At least I did not take any offense.
Sorry I cannot help much more.

Most reactions

Latest posts