What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maybe I Won't buy an ipad

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why buy an ipad, because you want one, have a use for it. There are enough apps out there to suit just about anyone. I have been into computers since early 80s when you had to write your own, and i have not bought much software over the years as i have been lucky enough to get them one way or another, also they cost to much. The ipad yes you can go jailbreak it and get your apps free but i have an ipod that i started with and i have paid for the apps i have on it and on the ipad, hell they are cheap and if one is not up to what you want you are not losing a great fortune. And you buy an ipad or you do not, they cannot be that bad for the amount that have been sold worldwide. Me i think the IPAD is one of the best things since my mum gave birth to me, and i am one really nice guy, im getting married to me next week. I enjoy reading books that i have and got the ipad just for reading them in comfort in bed on the sofa train just about anywhere, then there is video to watch anywhere, before you start with games and anyother app, i use it for my training workouts, its used 24/7 i also have a main computer a laptop notebook and pda, all of which have there use. if you cannot understand why you would want one, your on the wrong forum.

Last edited:

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The experience I have so far points to the fact that it's easier to rate an app when you don't like it than when you like it.

If ever you bought an app that displeases you, you erase it from the iPad. At that point there is a pop up dialog box that asks you to rate it.
If you like an app you have to willfully find the review to contribute. If you have mitigated feelings you just go "Meh" and don't do a thing.

A fixed period should be determined after purchase to let users get used to the app and at the time of the first update the rating questionnaire should be sent out.
As an FYI iOS 4 took away that "would you like to rate" question when deleting an app (I hate that). Some apps of course remind you on their own to rate/review them.... I hate that too actually.

But I do agree people will generally be more likely to post a review if they are upset with an app than if they just like it.

Also, some apps get dragged down by a bad update that is causing it to do something that is unacceptable (e.g., crash, when it didn't before the update). This, understandably so, seems to draw a large number of bad reviews and ratings.

All that said though, if you know how to weed through them, the reviews can still be very helpful.

Michael

Most reactions

Latest posts