What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for those with docs to go

Rbutts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the word processing ap that I am looking at going with as I likenwhatnitnsays you can do with it. However in the app store a lot of the reviews are saying that the last update made it crash and in general people are not as happy with it.

Is anyone here having that problem? Also should I spring for the premium or is the basic fine? I will be needing to save it somewhere I can get to from my PC and all I really do is simple excel and paper that have to follow APA formatting.

Thanks in advance!!

Rachelle

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rachelle,

First, it's not uncommon for an app to have an issue with an update, so don't stress too much. The developers are experienced and will typically rectify issues with the next update of the app.

Docs to Go is certainly one of the better Office alternatives for the iPad and we're talking really small amounts of money for these programs. Go for the premium package if only for the cloud connectivity (and Powerpoint editing).

Cheers,

OP
R

Rbutts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Simon! I think I am gonna go ahead and pull the trigger on this one and go for the premium. Worst case senario is I don't like it and I have to go buy another one. But I think this one is the winner for what I need it for.

Rachelle

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
DocsToGo has been on the mobile platform since Windows CE and Palm days (late '90s.) It is a solid app with great potential and I use it every day. One of the best parts is you can sync it directly with different cloud services or your desktop using either iTunes or the DocsToGo desktop app. I just use the Dropbox service - free.

I have never had mine crash out on me either before or after an update. You will generally always hear more bad than good when it comes to upgrades and updates. of all the people using something, the 5% who are unsatisfied will cry louder and more often than those who are satisfied. Yay internet.

Last edited:

chrissymazer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using it since my ipod touch days and it's even better on the ipad. No problems or complaints here and I use it daily.

Nomad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a quick question about "Docs to go". I've used it with my iPhone for about two years with no problems. I now have an iPad and would like to use the program with it, but for some reason I'm not able to sync my iPad with my desktop. Any thing I should be looking out for/checking?

Thanks

crappa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been awhile since you asked, I hope you have fixed your problem. But if not, try rebooting your desktop. I have to do this with my XP Netbook for some reason allot. It, Netbook, just doesn't see the iPad until it's rebooted, then works fine, for a short time.

Most reactions

Latest posts