What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maxjournal Help

photofreda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used Maxjournal for a month traveling across Italy and now they have all disappeared.

I did the close, completely close the app, as they post the sure fix to be and that did not fix. I have tried it many times as well as shutting down the iPad.

I have contacted them three times with zero response from them. Any suggestions?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
• By default, MacJournal does make periodic backups of your main document. You can find the backups in the MacJournal Backups folder. Just go into MacJournal Preferences, click on the Advanced tab. In the Main Document section, click on Reveal in Finder. This will take you to the Backups folder where you can browse recent backups of your MacJournal data.
• Starting with version 5.2.4, MacJournal by default automatically makes a backup copy before a sync. In your specific case, this information should have been backed up immediately prior to syncing.
• Sometimes, entries that appear to have been lost can be recovered via the "Restore Entries" option in the Help menu. Select Restore Entries, and MacJournal will restore entries it is able to recover to a new journal called "Restored Entries"

I'm hoping that one of these mechanisms built into the MacJournal app itself will have allowed you to recover those entries, despite the fact that Time Machine was turned off at the time the issue happened.

OP
P

photofreda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your detailed reply in trying to help me. There was some confusion here however.

I am talking about the app MAXJOURNAL and not MACjournal. Thanks for trying though!

Most reactions