What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maps app

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new maps app has a pin (red) that has a label with my home address. It shows up in the backyard of a neighbor 8 houses down the street. The app correctly shows my current position at my house (blue pin and shows an incorrect address, but the location is right on). Anybody know how to delete the red pin?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Almost all mapping systems use a 10 block mile for reference. Therefore, if you are in the 6000 block, it will show you to be six miles from the center of town or reference point. However, a lot of communities use a 12 block mile. This means that the street address is only 5 miles from the reference point. This is why it is best to map any locations based on actual GPS position. I usually will put the street address in the name of a favorite so that I have more clues about what I am looking for.

OP
ogilley

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Twerppoet, that did it. Before I got rid of it, I did use the report problem button in the info pop up to locate the pin in the correct spot. I'm not counting on a fix anytime soon, but we will see.

Seadog, I understand how this works and I always use actual GPS coordinates when I have them. My point is the old maps app was off about a house and a half, not 8 houses as the new app is.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Twerppoet, that did it. Before I got rid of it, I did use the report problem button in the info pop up to locate the pin in the correct spot. I'm not counting on a fix anytime soon, but we will see.

Seadog, I understand how this works and I always use actual GPS coordinates when I have them. My point is the old maps app was off about a house and a half, not 8 houses as the new app is.

I noticed that the new map app put me a whole street away yesterday, but put me in the right address today. Weird.

theTimo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new Map app is funny and annoying. Streets and railways suddenly stop existing, a restaurant lies in the middle of a river, several towns are missing and stuff. Surprisingly poor, not at all like Apple...

Hopefully Google gets its Map to the Store soon.

Most reactions

Latest posts