What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manually Set Video Record Length - Possible?

pictorialsoup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I work in Museums where we regularly evaluate what we do by asking our visitors on their thoughts within forums, or
through questionnaires, customer comment cards etc.

We are interested in the capacity of the iPad to be set up as a kiosk, where we could invite folk to tell us what they think of our museums and displays, through a video browser. At the moment I was simply thinking that we could do this using
the Camera app, building this into a display system to secure the iPad, then locking the screen and disabling particular
Camera functions, so that the public could only click on the video function within the Camera, make their
comment, then click to save. This works up to a point and doesn't allow the person making the comment to see other
comments.

However, I am unable to resolve how to set a time limit on the video function, which can often mean that the video can
run on if the user hasn't saved their comment properly, or a child decides to play with this. It would be preferable to set a limit of say, 1 minute, so that comments were short and to the point.

My enquiry is to ask if anyone can advise on a way to control this, either through the iPad Camera app, or perhaps
through other Apps that do this better?

I wondered if anyone has tried to use iPad in this way, or could advise?

With best wishes

John

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How to use video to offer a customer comment station

Hello and welcome to the forum. it's good to "see" you and I hope you enjoy your visits.

However, I can't answer your question. I don't think there is a way to permanently set a timer on a video app. I would think that once it's started, it's going to go on until it's manually stopped. But, what do I know. :) Hopefully, someone will be along who can assist.

Meanwhile, I'm also writing to tell you I deleted your other thread you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

I've also moved this post over to our general Help section - hopefully you'll get more eyes on.

Good luck with your research.

Marilyn

OP
pictorialsoup

pictorialsoup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Marilyn,

Many thanks for your advice. Apologies for double posting, that's what happens when I don't read the rules!

With best wishes

John

Most reactions