What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail Icon Not Changing With Theme...

TylerThomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm trying to apply the "Black 'UPS" theme to my iPad running 5.1.1. I've mainly been successful using IconHarvester and Winterboard. But I can't seem to get the Mail icon to change... I've tried different toggles with Winterboard, renaming the icon, renaming the folder the icon's in, even switching the original mail icon in the applications folder with the new one... None of these sollutions have worked. I'm not sure what else to try, so I'm looking for some help.

What should I do?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm trying to apply the "Black 'UPS" theme to my iPad running 5.1.1. I've mainly been successful using IconHarvester and Winterboard. But I can't seem to get the Mail icon to change... I've tried different toggles with Winterboard, renaming the icon, renaming the folder the icon's in, even switching the original mail icon in the applications folder with the new one... None of these sollutions have worked. I'm not sure what else to try, so I'm looking for some help.

What should I do?

Does the icon show up themed when you run IconHarvester? If yes - then dumb question #1 - do you have the customized theme created by Icon Harvester ABOVE the theme (in Winterboard)? I have to ask because that's tripped me up before.

And, that's really all I can think of, TBH. You have to fiddle with it to get the icon to show. What you might want to consider doing is creating your own theme containing the Mail icon. Then, run Icon Harvester, select your theme to build the custom, then put that custom build at the top. So, your checked Winterboard stack would look like this:

YourTheme Customized [with Icon Harvester] - containing only the Mail icon you want themed
Black UPS Customized [with Icon Harvester]
Black UPS

See if that helps. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
T

TylerThomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,

Yeah I had them in the right order, that wasnt the problem. I don't know if your idea would have worked or not because I adjusted everything I could to get it to work with the theme already set up. But i figured it out. Just for reference (in case someone else has this problem): what I did is check the list of icons in the application folder for mail. There were four of them: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected]. So what I did is figured one of these was overridding the new icon in its theme folder for some reason even though it's name was the same as the default icon name. I had tried renaming it to one of the other names and that didnt work so I made three copies of the icon (4 copies total) and then gave them all the four names i listed above. Then I resprung and viola it finally worked!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it fixed. And yeah, I was coming back to tell you to check the icon names. Apple changed the file name of the Mail icon [again!] - they capitalized Icon in iOS 5.1.1 versus having it be lowercase.

Regardless. Glad to see you got it worked out. And, I saw your picture/results on the other thread ... schweeeet!

Marilyn

OP
T

TylerThomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Glad to hear you got it fixed. And yeah, I was coming back to tell you to check the icon names. Apple changed the file name of the Mail icon [again!] - they capitalized Icon in iOS 5.1.1 versus having it be lowercase.

Regardless. Glad to see you got it worked out. And, I saw your picture/results on the other thread ... schweeeet!

Marilyn

What's weird is I changed the themed icon name to reflect this, and even tried a few other ideas and none of them worked. Only doing what I said finally worked for some reason...perhaps the icon cache or something.

Most reactions

Latest posts