What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail app not working on ipad2

Patch adams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took my ipad2 back due to light bleeding and I now have a new one. Ever since syncing from backup I cannot access my 2 yahoo mail accounts through the mail app. I get the message 'no password given for yahoo go to mail account settings and enter a password'

I have accessed settings > mail,contacts,calendars and the 2 yahoo account addresses I have are shown but are in grey and I cannot click on them. The fetch new data field is also greyed out.

Any ideas anyone?

I can still access Both accounts via the iPhone mail app......

WAPA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also having issues with an iPad2 where an email is received and it can be read just fine, then we forward that email from the iPad to another email recipient and they receive the email but the original email has characters of: >> {\rtf1 {\f0 \cf0
> \cf0 embedded in the email throughout - does anyone know what this is or how to correct it?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took my ipad2 back due to light bleeding and I now have a new one. Ever since syncing from backup I cannot access my 2 yahoo mail accounts through the mail app. I get the message 'no password given for yahoo go to mail account settings and enter a password'

I have accessed settings > mail,contacts,calendars and the 2 yahoo account addresses I have are shown but are in grey and I cannot click on them. The fetch new data field is also greyed out.

Any ideas anyone?

I can still access Both accounts via the iPhone mail app......

Just a thought...check in

'Settings', 'General', 'Restrictions' that you haven't inadvertently got a restriction in place that prevents you adding or deleting new email accounts. Some Members have done this before and this will grey out the email fields that you describe to prevent them being changed or deleted.

Tim

OP
P

Patch adams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Just a thought...check in

'Settings', 'General', 'Restrictions' that you haven't inadvertently got a restriction in place that prevents you adding or deleting new email accounts. Some Members have done this before and this will grey out the email fields that you describe to prevent them being changed or deleted.

Tim

Thanks Tim, this worked.

fewfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This worked for me

I had the same problem.

After setting gmail account on ipad all worked well and then stopped.

Nothing worked that I tried afterwards. IMAP on/off, unlocking gmail, manual fetching. I even blamed my girlfriend.

After that I red that some guy solved this by turning ipad off and on again.

It worked for me as well.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts