What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 Makes iPad Debut

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Wizards of the Coast announced today that Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 has made its long-awaited debut on iPad. The first major release from Magic: The Gathering this summer invites players to pit their wits against the ultimate evil mastermind of the Multiverse, dragon Planeswalker Nicol Bolas. The launch of the game on iPad and major consoles represents the first chance that fans will have to see 100 cards that will be featured in the Magic 2013 Core Set, launching July 13.

“Today kicks off our summer-long Magic 2013 experience, and we couldn’t be more excited,†said Elaine Chase, Brand Director of Magic: The Gathering at Wizards of the Coast. “Whether you're new to Magic or just starting out, the integration between Duels 2013 and the Magic 2013 Core Set represents a seamless way for players to experience Magic however and wherever they want.â€

Click here to download the free game: Magic 2013 for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Wizards of the Coast

Last edited by a moderator:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yeah....I think the Mod Staff needs to get this one on our iPads! This looks pretty sweet!!

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very cool! I can't wait until I can play a full version of MTG on the iPad :D

Ldsdad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love LOVE Magic, the Gathering!!!!! I've been playing since Tempest block, and love this game. I've heard a few podcasts discuss Dueks of the Planeswalkers, and it sounds fun. I am concerned, however, about the price of this: I'm already waist deep in monthly expenses for real Magic cards, and I don't think I could afford to start buying virtual cards as well (I have a wife and kids to feed, after all...). How much does this cost?

Random_Kiwi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK...so who's playing this? I've only been playing a little while (though played actual card based MTG for years and years long ago) and I'm stuck on a Plainwalk game...the Plain card "Furnace Layer" is active, it means a player discards a card from their hand during their upkeep, and it's my turn and it states "Furnace Layer Choose a card to discard (drag a card to select it)

But nothing is happening, I only have 3 cards in hand, any card I drag to anywhere just pops back into my hand the moment I let it go...clicking card does nothing, double clicking just gives zoom view, dragging to anywhere in the screen does nothing...game won't continue until I discard a card, yet it's not letting me discard a damn card!

Any clues???

Most reactions

Latest posts