What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Launcher

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have used Magic Launcher (aka S Launcher previously) for app launch icons for quite a while; for me it is a great app and so I thought that I would post some pictures of one particular aspect as they may be of interest to others.

From postings I have read, like other users, I find at times Safari, in particular, grinds almost to a halt -and that is on an iPad air 2 with 64 GB. Sadly there does not appear to be anything like System/Process Explorer -well not for non-jailbroken iPads.

As well as launch icons, and grouped launch icons held in a folder, there are many what are called magic items, e.g. memory load; up/ down speed of wifi and cell; barometric pressure; altitude to name but a few.

As hopefully you can see from the screenshots above depending upon the system load, the memory icon shows the amount of memory being used, with a very rapid update. The part circle changes from white to yellow to red depending upon what the iPad is trying to do, although at what values these change I have no idea. It gives me at least an idea as to whether I have something going that is hogging the system or that my broadband is being slow.

You can also see the wifi up/down speed, which for me is useful as I can see instantly whether a download has stopped or whether an automatic update is hogging the airwaves in the background.

This is not a system/ process explorer and it is not meant to be -it is an app launcher, but it does go a long way towards providing a cursory pointer as to what is going on.

I will skip in depth details of Magic Launcher as there is a free you can use and a pro version, although I should mention that you can have several rows of launch icons and groups, ordered to suit your needs, rather than one line of the 5 most recently used you get swiping left from the home screen.

Finally, I have no connection with Magic Launcher, although I have been beta testing recent versions.

I hope that this is of interest.

OP
NSquirrel

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had a message today (23 Feb. 2017) that the developers are selling Magic Launcher at $0.99 and £0.99. I forget what the full price is and do not know for how long the sale price will last, but I thought that I would let others know.

Most reactions

Latest posts