What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magazine icons missing in bookshelf

Roseyb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have installed several magazine apps and bought the magazines for them. When they went onto my bookshelf they were fine but after a couple of hours the 'Red' one's icon disappeared and now shows just a white box with a grey book in the middle. The next day one of the others the 'Best' icon did the same. I have tried everything but cannot seem to get them back. It is a pain as I cannot tell which one is which and also looks very untidy on my nice neat bookshelf :) They are correct in my itunes account and I have tried syncing it but that didnt help. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to resolve it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Normally the icons show the cover of the latest magazine you've downloaded in the app. Do you have any issues downloaded?

OP
R

Roseyb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Normally the icons show the cover of the latest magazine you've downloaded in the app. Do you have any issues downloaded?

Yes I have bought copies of each magazine. I even bought a second copy of the one just to see if the icon appeared but is didnt work either!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm afraid that's about the limit of my advice.

However, just incase everything you tired doesn't include one of these common fixes, I'll list them below. Hold in mind that he Newsstand is also an app, and can be teated as one in the multitask bar.

-----------------------

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Most reactions

Latest posts