What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mac mini htpc

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, the Popcorn Hour products make both the PS3 and Google TV look like a 1980's Macintosh desktop computer.

I understand that you want a fully functioning computer now though, and not just a media player. Just thought I'd make the suggestion.

OP
G

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That idea is pure genius!

Edit: and they come with an HDMI port! Sweet!

specs_ports_20100615.jpg

That was the idea! :)

OP
G

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Git my mac mini all set up in the living room. Even found an awesome app called remote buddy that let me pair my ps3 remote to the mini and control it!! I installed plex and boxee, they are great.

Now, there are 2 things I need.

1) a good ten foot ui browser. Basically if I could get the google tv browser it would be perfect. Scrolling in the google tv is painfully slow and the networks blocked EVERYTHING!

2) is there a way to play Netflix on a mac at the same quality as the ps3?? I can't find one. Boxee and plex won't play HD. Just using firefox doesn't look nearly as good, even HD content. Is my total convergence goal busted? Do I still have to use the ps3 for netflix?

Thanks!

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Git my mac mini all set up in the living room. Even found an awesome app called remote buddy that let me pair my ps3 remote to the mini and control it!! I installed plex and boxee, they are great.

1) a good ten foot ui browser. Basically if I could get the google tv browser it would be perfect. Scrolling in the google tv is painfully slow and the networks blocked EVERYTHING!

2) is there a way to play Netflix on a mac at the same quality as the ps3?? I can't find one. Boxee and plex won't play HD. Just using firefox doesn't look nearly as good, even HD content. Is my total convergence goal busted? Do I still have to use the ps3 for netflix?

Thanks!

Silverlight doesn't play in HD?

OP
G

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks!

Silverlight doesn't play in HD?

Well, the only way I've found to play hd content is in firefox...which is annoying because you have to use a mouse, and it doesn't look as good as the ps3. Neither boxee or plex will play hd content tho.

Most reactions

Latest posts