What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad & Snow Leopard Server

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ageing Mac Mini that I'm considering replacing with the latest Mini. My question is: is it worth going for the Server version? What benefits would there be in connecting my and my wife's iPads and my and my wife's iPhones?

I currently associate the iPads and iPhones with my Macbook Pro and this, along with the Mac Mini, back up to a Time Capsule. I use the Mac Mini as a media centre along with an Apple TV.

Everything is working fine and the only thing that annoys me is that as the Mini only has an 80GB HD I have to have my iTunes folders on an external HD.

Advice please. Am I wasting my money upgrading at all, really just to get a larger internal HD? If it is worth the upgrade what will I gain with the Server version?

Thanks for any ideas.

Hal

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Let me put it this way: once I got my iPad, my laptop became external storage that happens to be able to run iTunes. I would wait.

Most reactions

Latest posts