What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lynktec Stylus

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have just bought and tested the Lynktec TruGlide stylus and thought I would share my reactions.

It is very much like the iFaraday, but has a much nicer look and feel. It uses carbon nanofabric for the tip (which I think the iFaraday also uses), but the tip is quite a bit smaller. This makes writing with it much nicer.

The carbon nanofabric provides a nicer medium for both writing and tapping than does the plastic swivel tip of the Adonit Jot, which heretofore was, for me, the most precise stylus around.

The TruGlide is smaller in both diameter and length than the iFaraday, but turns out to be sufficient in both regards for a comfortable writing experience.

I thought it was to have a retractable tip, but it does not. I think I was confusing it with another microfiber tipped stylus that is currently available. That feature would have been desirable if it did not detract from the user experience, but I am very happy with the TruGlide. In fact, it is the best I have used to date!

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does the tip feel hollow or full? I use the iFaraday (also the Adonit Jot for most of my writing type stuff) which seems to be full/not hollow. I have purchased a couple others that have the fabric tip and they seem to be hollow which I don't care for that feeling with the pressure that I guess I write with.

OP
Tuttle

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
j joy j said:
Does the tip feel hollow or full? I use the iFaraday (also the Adonit Jot for most of my writing type stuff) which seems to be full/not hollow. I have purchased a couple others that have the fabric tip and they seem to be hollow which I don't care for that feeling with the pressure that I guess I write with.

The tip feels very much like that of the iFaraday. The smaller tip size is nice.

claythrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll have to check it out as I love the faraday.

Does it attach to the smart cover magnetically? The faraday's don't but I fill them with metal.

Have you pulled the Ifaraday tip out yet? WHat is that material inside it? Don't be afraid to yank the tip out, it's easily put back in with no negative affects. It's a type of foam wrapped with a cloth type material and held into the chamber with a small rubber o-ring. It goes right back together ilke you never touched it I promise.

I've seen the material before I just can't place it. What I'd like to do is get some of that foam and make a chisel type shape for a highlighter affect.

Last edited:

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll have to check it out as I love the faraday.

Does it attach to the smart cover magnetically? The faraday's don't but I fill them with metal.

Have you pulled the Ifaraday tip out yet? WHat is that material inside it? Don't be afraid to yank the tip out, it's easily put back in with no negative affects. It's a type of foam wrapped with a cloth type material and held into the chamber with a small rubber o-ring. It goes right back together ilke you never touched it I promise.

I've seen the material before I just can't place it. What I'd like to do is get some of that foam and make a chisel type shape for a highlighter affect.

I just had to do it ... I pulled the tip out of my iFaraday. It feels like it's a memory foam material, and it does go right back together. Think I'm pulling the trigger on the Lynktec, not that I need another stylus.

ohnoitsbrandon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
has anyone tried switching tips on different styli? I love the feel of the Bamboo stylus but I'm hoping I can replace the rubber tip with the one from the TruGlide stylus. hopefully it arrives soon so I can try it out.

claythrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They all attach in different ways. Ie have u unscrewed the metal discussion and then taken the tip off the bamboo? I had one so I have and I've not seen another stylus that the rubber attaches like that. I hated the bamboo. I found the tip too soft so it would bottom out when I tap stuff. It's also obnoxiously heavy for such a small stylus. To each his own i guess.
Although the bamboos weight didn't bother me really, it was how heavy it was making the tip bottom out that I didn't like. If it had a faraday type tip on it it would be great, although I still prefer something a little longer.

But using the faraday as an example, you couldnt swap the tips, Two totally different designs, I have no idea about the true glide.

I think you are making the right move though switching to the cloth type stylus. I'll never use a rubber again ; )

claythrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ohnoitsbrandon said:
has anyone tried switching tips on different styli? I love the feel of the Bamboo stylus but I'm hoping I can replace the rubber tip with the one from the TruGlide stylus. hopefully it arrives soon so I can try it out.

Ah, and i just realized the "truglide" is the lynktec we are talking about In this thread, mine arrive today though I won't be home to get them till @ 6 est. When I get it I'll let you know but I highly doubt youll be able to swap the tips given that it feels like the I faraday.

Also the I faraday tip I had a pretty good guess at how it worked which is why I took it apart (by the way I think the foam inside is memory foam for packing and shipping stuff) but that doesn't mean the truglide will work the same way, so I wouldn't go yanking the tip off it anyway as it might attach in a totally different way and you will destroy it. I know because I've done that to other styli too. Curiosity killed the stylus.

When I get mine I'll check it out and let you know what I think. From the pictures, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be removable anyway, but if you like the bamboo I can tell you what you could do to the truglide to make it more like the bamboo if anything. Are you handy w/ tools?

ohnoitsbrandon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pretty handy with tools. I figured it wouldn't be the same but one can always hope. I have some ideas I'd like to try but I have to wait for it to get here before I figure out what one to try, if any.

wmadan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have the iFarady RXII and just got the Lyntek TruGlide. Compared with the iFarady, the TruGlide tip is more squishy. I like the firmness of the iFarady tip better, but the thinness of the TruGlide.

I had hoped the TrueGlide tip would be firmer than it is.

For what it is worth I also picked up the NewTrent retractable stylus. The tip on it is squishier than the TruGlide and I don't like it at all.

Most reactions