What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost/stolen IPad Pro

PaulosF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post because I’ve had the unfortunate moment of losing my IPad Pro at the airport and unfortunately it was not handed in.

I can’t track it and have put it in lost mode but this is pending as it is a Wi-Fi only model.

My question is can someone get into my IPad and access everything on there without access code and Apple ID?

I’m just concerned about my bank and business info on there.

There is not that much info online but wanted to try and put my mind at rest, I’m not bothered if they can reset/restore to factory settings as I’ve resound myself to losing it just concerned about the data.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have iCloud activation lock turned on whoever has your iPad will not be able to access the data on your iPad. They also cannot erase the iPad and use it as it will ask them for your Apple ID and password which they do not have.

OP
P

PaulosF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, I definitely have that turned on as I use “find my” for it, which I believe automatically turns it on.

I can breathe a sigh of relief although still disappointed that I lost it.

Again thanks for the quick reply scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, I definitely have that turned on as I use “find my” for it, which I believe automatically turns it on.

I can breathe a sigh of relief although still disappointed that I lost it.

Again thanks for the quick reply scifan57

You’re welcome.
When you put it in lost mode you can add a message that shows up when the iPad is turned on. You can say that it’s lost and provide any contact info you choose so the finder can contact you.

Most reactions

Latest posts