What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost settings icon on desktop

Regblind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was moving my icons about and have lost my settings icon off the first page where has it gone and how do I get it back . Please help

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Was moving my icons about and have lost my settings icon off the first page where has it gone and how do I get it back . Please help
Hi, welcome to iPF!
Settings has to be somewhere, you can't delete it. It's a built in app that comes with your device. Look at another homescreen, or perhaps it's in a folder.

OP
Regblind

Regblind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found it in my books folder thank you for sorting it. Got one more prob though,I have a icon which is trying to load from App Store but is stuck how can I sort this please.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Found it in my books folder thank you for sorting it. Got one more prob though,I have a icon which is trying to load from App Store but is stuck how can I sort this please.
Try to reset your iPad:
Press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears.

Restart your device:
Turn it off, wait for a few minutes, then turn it on again.

Perhaps something else is blocking the upload. Look for videos, music, ... loading and pause them.

If it's possible, delete the app and reinstall it (in App Store - Purchased).

Go to App Store - Featured, scroll down to your Apple ID and sign out. Then sign in again with your existing Apple ID. Maybe the app will start installing again. If it doesn't, go to App Store - Purchased and install.

If none of these suggestions help, install/update the app in iTunes on your computer, then connect your iPad to it and sync the app to your device.

OP
Regblind

Regblind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for sorting it for me,I powered off and on again and all is well. Alan

Most reactions

Latest posts