What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost Safari bookmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fermendzin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently signed up for a MobileMe trial. Immediately after setting up MobileMe, I discovered my Safari bookmarks previously synced with my computer disappeared. Syncing my ipad with my computer did not restore access to the bookmarks. How do I get my Safari bookmarks back onto my iPad? Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In 'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Accounts', 'MobileMe' do you have 'Bookmarks' set to 'On' or 'Off'?

Tim

OP
F

Fermendzin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim, thx. Everything in the MobileMe account is turned off and the account is inactive, but not deleted.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Were you syncing your bookmarks with the computer before?

If so when you set up MobileMe iTunes probably changed those sync settings.

You have two options. Setup your computer's browser to sync with MobileMe, then turn the iPad's bookmark syncing back on, or re-enable direct syncing with the browser through iTunes.

I'm not sure how to do the first on anything but a Mac, but it would probably be done using the MobileMe utility that you (may have) downloaded. {On a Mac it's in System Preferences, MobileMe, the Sync tab}

For the second, connect your iPad to the computer and select it in iTunes. Go to the Info tab and make sure you've got bookmark syncing turned on and pointed at the right browser. Since you have a MobileMe account setup it may warn you that syncing is happening through MobileMe. As long as you have the bookmark syncing turned off in the Account settings on the iPad, you should be fine. Don't turn them both on.

OP
F

Fermendzin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it! MobileMe must have unchecked the box syncing my Safari bookmarks. I checked that box and all is now well. Thanks for the help.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Steps:

1. Double click the home button (the recently used apps should appear on the bottom).
2. Hold your finger over Safari and wait for the red circle with a white minus sign to appear (if you do not see Safari, scroll right and you will find it).
3. When it appears, press it. This will close out the app and force Safari to start from scratch.

Note: you cannot do this if you have Safari open. I would just do it from the home screen.

It is doubtful that your post is at all effective in answering the original poster's question. Also, as you are answering about two years after the last post in this thread, it is unlikely that the original participants will be joining you here now.
With that, this thread is now closed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts