What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost my Ipad!

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It must have been so painful for you, and then you saw how many good people are still around. Excellent post and story as the others have said. So glad that that episode ended so well. :)

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
So glad it had a happy ending.

There is a program called "Find my Ipad/Iphone" from Mobileme which is free which might help. This app allow you to register your devices--sort of a gps in your iphone, ipad, etc.

Nice to know there are honest folks out there too.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
luckyleo said:
By the way, Jodi explained that the airline has so many lost Apple products that they have a special hot line number they use to call Apple to report them found! She also noted that there are some flyers who regularly request seating in the last row of the plane. Apparently they do that so that they can scan the empty seats for lost valuables and take them as they leave the plane after landing.

Never thought of that and still have a hard time believing. Then again.......

Glad there are still people as Jodi around.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I cannot believe you let it out of your hands?
Well ..... I... Mean........
I'm joined at the hip to mine.
Great ending though.
Well done!

Darkpath

iPF Noob
Reaction score
luckyleo said:
Hey Now! Thought I'd share my story........

Oh my gosh. I was boarding a flight on US Airways from Philly to Raleigh N.C. On Thursday and realized I had left my iPad in the men's restroom. I had to talk my way off the plane and run back to the facilities. It was gone! I got on the plane and called the airport lost and found with no luck. Landed in Raleigh and called again... Still no luck. I called when I got to the hotel, and still no luck.

I realized how much my iPad had become part of my daily routines. I decided right then to order a new one right away, but first called Apple to see if I could transfer my AppleCare warranty. They explained that I couldn't but that they would refund me for the unused portion. She then checked her notes and said Jodi from US Air had called and referenced my iPad's serial number as having been found! The Rep emailed me Jodi's phone number at the baggage claim area at the airport. I picked it up yesterday when I returned home with no problem. It's great to see that there are still good people left in this world!

By the way, Jodi explained that the airline has so many lost Apple products that they have a special hot line number they use to call Apple to report them found! She also noted that there are some flyers who regularly request seating in the last row of the plane. Apparently they do that so that they can scan the empty seats for lost valuables and take them as they leave the plane after landing.

I heard that Apple didn't assist in the recovery process for lost products, so I was happily surprised to see that they actually did.

Well, that's my story do any of you have your own to share?

Leo

Sent from my iPad using iPF

You my friend, Are profoundly lucky! Don't waste money on a lotto ticket, you've used up all your luck and have survived my greatest fear all at the same time.

Sent effortlessly from my iPad using iPF

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to see you got your iPad back, very lucky! If you were able to get the person's name who turned it in you might send them a thank you card!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Shuddering at the thought of losing my paddy! Lovely story.

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Most reactions