What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost itunes and app store programs

Tress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to apple. I synced my ipad with my computer and lost itunes and the app store off my ipad. I then restored the ipad through itunes on my computer and now all my downloaded apps are gone. This would be ok but it did not restore itunes or the app store. So now i have no downloaded apps, no itunes, and no app store. Please help.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can always download apps that you have purchased if you are using the same apple account. I have stuff on my iPad and iPhone that I purchased years ago for my iPod touch.

Your iPad can only be synched with one computer at a time. Was it setup on a different PC at some point?

Harley7788

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a similar problem in the fact that i have lost my itunes library on the computer. At the moment i dare not sync my ipad as i know it will clear it completely. how do i get it to copy everything, apps, tv, films etc. from my ipad to the new library ?

Can anyone help

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The most likely cause of dissapearing iTunes and/or App Store icons is in the Restrictions settings.

Go to Settings > General > Restrictions, and make sure iTunes and Installing Apps are turned On. You'll need the four digit code you used to set Restrictions.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
i have a similar problem in the fact that i have lost my itunes library on the computer. At the moment i dare not sync my ipad as i know it will clear it completely. how do i get it to copy everything, apps, tv, films etc. from my ipad to the new library ?

Can anyone help

First, go into iTunes Preferences on the computer, the Devices tab, and turn off auto syncing. This will prevent the iPad from syncing as soon as you connect it.

You may need to authorize the computer. It is in the Store menu. It won't hurt anything if you try to authorize it and it already is, so go ahead.

Now when you connect the iPad to the computer, right click on the iPad under the devices list and choose Transfer Purchases. If there is a dialog that offers Transfer Purchases, this will work too. If the dialog does not, then cancel out of it and do it the first way I suggested.

This will copy all the media and apps that are on the iPad to the iTunes Library. You may need to do it more than once, and it will probably take quite a while, depending on how much stuff you have on the iPad.

You probaby will lose your synced pictures (not stuff on the camera roll or saved picturs albums). If you have pictures that you don't have copies elsewhere, your first step will be to copy them off the iPad. EMail if there are only a few. The PhotoSync app will work with larger numbers.

Make sure all your stuff has been saved to the new iTunes library before syncing.

If there was stuff in the old library that is not on the iPad, you will have to try and recover it from the computer by other methods.

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Can anyone help

First, go into iTunes Preferences on the computer, the Devices tab, and turn off auto syncing. This will prevent the iPad from syncing as soon as you connect it.

Yeah that auto sync bit me bad once back when I tried to get the music on my nano back into itunes. I was not a happy camper looking at a blank nano and blank itunes...lol

OP
T

Tress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To Twerppoet: you were absolutely right...they were hiding in restrictions. Thank you! I was starting to get frazzled.

Most reactions

Latest posts