What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost iPad2 calendar

karenjd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have been trying to sync my calendar frommy iPad 2 and Iphone with Itunes in my PC for a few months without success. I then decided to get MobileMe so i could sync my cointacts and calendars and notes, but alas whenI tried to do so on my ipad2, I lost all the calendar on my iPad2. Does anyone know how to retrieve this calendar?:confused::confused:

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Itunes

Hi, I have been trying to sync my calendar frommy iPad 2 and Iphone with Itunes in my PC for a few months without success. I then decided to get MobileMe so i could sync my cointacts and calendars and notes, but alas whenI tried to do so on my ipad2, I lost all the calendar on my iPad2. Does anyone know how to retrieve this calendar?:confused::confused:

First thing that comes to mind is to check in Itunes and ensure that you have the "Sync Contacts" box ticked. If it isn't then itunes will ignore it during the sync process. Hope this helps you out. :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you accidentally click "Hide calendar" on your iPad? There's a dropdown if you click on the upper left on the Calendar app.

Also make sure your two time settings match on your iPad. (There's one time setting in Settings>General and the other is in Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Time zone support.) You could run into synching problems if the times don't match.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you set up MobileMe, it should have asked you if you wanted to keep the original calendar, if you said no, then it is gone. If you said yes, then tap the calendar button at the top left and make sure all the calendars have a check mark next to them.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you set up MobileMe, it should have asked you if you wanted to keep the original calendar, if you said no, then it is gone. If you said yes, then tap the calendar button at the top left and make sure all the calendars have a check mark next to them.

It's been awhile since I signed up for MobileMe. What's the "original" calendar?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
It's been awhile since I signed up for MobileMe. What's the "original" calendar?

Guess my terminology was a bit vague. I meant the default calendar that was already on the iPad before you set up an account. You should get a choice to keep it when an account that can sync calendars is set up, if you've made entries any way.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

Guess my terminology was a bit vague. I meant the default calendar that was already on the iPad before you set up an account. You should get a choice to keep it when an account that can sync calendars is set up, if you've made entries any way.

Thanks. That makes sense.

OP
karenjd

karenjd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Have gone back to basics and reentered as much as I knew was on the iPad and it has synched across all OK. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts