What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost audiobooks

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope someone can help with this.
Just bought a new laptop and did a restore on my ipad but although everything else is available on my purchased list audiobooks are not.
I go to the ones I know I have bought and they give me the option to purchase again but not download. Everytime I go to them in itunes they acknowledge
I have already purchased them but will only let me buy them again. If it were just one or two i would be annoyed but I had about sixty UK pounds worth
and am getting really annoyed now. Does anyone know why I cannot just download them again please ???

Tahmidul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First...change your card info to none...then click the purchase button of the song you've already bought...then wait for the purchase to process...just purchase the audiobook again...then when the download starts...you will get a message probably saying...you've purchased this item before...do you want to download it for free...click ok...and you're done...but if the message doesn't appear...go and....................I won't say that.....
AND REMEMBER JUST PURCHASE THE AUDIOBOOK AS YOU DID THE FIRST TIME...AND DON'T FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR CARD INFO TO NONE...

OP
P

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First...change your card info to none...then click the purchase button of the song you've already bought...then wait for the purchase to process...just purchase the audiobook again...then when the download starts...you will get a message probably saying...you've purchased this item before...do you want to download it for free...click ok...and you're done...but if the message doesn't appear...go and....................I won't say that.....
AND REMEMBER JUST PURCHASE THE AUDIOBOOK AS YOU DID THE FIRST TIME...AND DON'T FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR CARD INFO TO NONE...

first thing i tried did not work mate.....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Because audio books are not in your iTunes purchased list, you can't re-download them from iTunes for free. If you don't have them backed up somewhere, like the hard drive on your PC, you're going to have to pay again to download them from iTunes. My advice for next time would be to backup your audio books as soon as possible after buying them.

The reason that you can't re-download them for free is because of rights issues. Apple and Audible, the supplier of audiobooks sold in iTunes, have to come to an agreement over rights, royalties, etc. before the audiobooks will be available for free re-downloading in iTunes.

Last edited:

lanki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for some help with my audio book downloading. I bought one from iTunes and it says it's been downloaded but I can't find it
anywhere n my iPad. It's the first time I've done it so I must have done something wrong!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some help with my audio book downloading. I bought one from iTunes and it says it's been downloaded but I can't find it
anywhere n my iPad. It's the first time I've done it so I must have done something wrong!

If you go to the music app and look at the menu buttons along the bottom of the screen, you'll see one called more, tap it.

image-3679986525.jpg

In the pop up that appears, select audiobooks and tap that. You then see a list of all downloaded audiobooks.

image-3356556691.jpg Tap the one you want to listen to.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In future, buy from Audible if possible. They make it quick and painless to download and redownload audiobooks as needed across several platforms, and it's dead easy to get customer service responses via phone or email if you do need help.

I avoid buying from iTunes because its service simply falls short compared with Audible's, and I expect to get my money's worth without following iTunes' PITA procedures for (re)downloading content I've already paid for. Also, Audible makes it dead easy to take my content with me no matter what hardware I use or might use in future.

lanki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your help with my downloading audiobook problem. I followed you advice and it worked.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad we were able to help. It's always nice to know how our offered solutions work out.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts