What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to share audio and video on Zoom meetings - need help!

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello all!
I used to post a fair bit here when I got my original iPad in 2010 and mini1 a year or so later and have been managing to do all I need without bothering you experts until recently. However after many google searches for a solution to my current dilemma I suddenly came across an old list of passwords which reminded me of this forum!

So here I am with fingers crossed that someone can help me.
I have searched for the words I thought would bring up relevant topics with no helpful result so here goes.

I have ended up as being considered the "zooming guru" of my group of friends - all of us women "over a certain age" but am stumped as to how to use my "last generation" mini to share audio and video.

I have scoured the zoom.us help suggestions and managed to work out how to share photos and documents on my screen but though it seems my iPad is playing videos and audio the "computer sound" is not being shared and it is far too soft to for even me to hear - let alone others in the meeting.

The only advice I can find is that I need to select "optimise for video" and "share computer sound" when selecting the "share screen" option on zoom but these options are aimed at laptop/pc users and do not appear when I click to share my screen on the iPad.

Can anyone point me towards a solution?

Sarub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all!
I used to post a fair bit here when I got my original iPad in 2010 and mini1 a year or so later and have been managing to do all I need without bothering you experts until recently. However after many google searches for a solution to my current dilemma I suddenly came across an old list of passwords which reminded me of this forum!

So here I am with fingers crossed that someone can help me.
I have searched for the words I thought would bring up relevant topics with no helpful result so here goes.

I have ended up as being considered the "zooming guru" of my group of friends - all of us women "over a certain age" but am stumped as to how to use my "last generation" mini to share audio and video.

I have scoured the zoom.us help suggestions and managed to work out how to share photos and documents on my screen but though it seems my iPad is playing videos and audio the "computer sound" is not being shared and it is far too soft to for even me to hear - let alone others in the meeting.

The only advice I can find is that I need to select "optimise for video" and "share computer sound" when selecting the "share screen" option on zoom but these options are aimed at laptop/pc users and do not appear when I click to share my screen on the iPad.

Can anyone point me towards a solution?
I share your frustration using up to date mini. Can share photos and whiteboard but can’t fathom screen sharing. Have scoured the net watched videos etc. I question I have is do you have to be host to share screen. Here’s hoping someone will provide an answer.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I share your frustration using up to date mini. Can share photos and whiteboard but can’t fathom screen sharing. Have scoured the net watched videos etc. I question I have is do you have to be host to share screen. Here’s hoping someone will provide an answer.
Welcome to iPad Forums!

If you’re not the host, he/she has to give you permission to share the screen.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Elizellen
Here’s how it works on iOS/iPadOS devices:
iOS screen sharing

If the sound is too soft for the participants, take a look at your Control Centre and make sure the volume isn’t too low.
I’ve tried that with a YouTube video, and it worked for the participants. I didn’t have any sound, though, but couldn’t find out yet, why it was that way.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the same apply for photos and whiteboard
That’s the way you can share your iPad’s screen in a ZOOM meeting, with whatever you’d like to show, including photos, websites, apps, ...
A whiteboard is a different device. You’d probably have to join a meeting via whiteboard, if you want to share it’s screen. I haven’t tried that yet.

Sarub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That’s the way you can share your iPad’s screen in a ZOOM meeting, with whatever you’d like to show, including photos, websites, apps, ...
A whiteboard is a different device. You’d probably have to join a meeting via whiteboard, if you want to share it’s screen. I haven’t tried that yet.
I can share whiteboard no problem and I have shared photo but when I try to share screen it says start broadcast then says you are sharing your screen but can’t see anything just greyed out. Actually joining a zoom session today so will have another go

OP
Elizellen

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am pretty sure you have to be Host or Co-Host to share screen

OP
Elizellen

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@Elizellen
Here’s how it works on iOS/iPadOS devices:
iOS screen sharing

If the sound is too soft for the participants, take a look at your Control Centre and make sure the volume isn’t too low.
I’ve tried that with a YouTube video, and it worked for the participants. I didn’t have any sound, though, but couldn’t find out yet, why it was that way.
It was good to see that you are still here J.A.!

I have been trying to follow the instructions on the Zoom help link you gave for a few weeks but with no success - can never get a level of sound high enough for participants in my zooms to hear!

But I will keep trying and if I find a solution will report back to let others know.

Most reactions

Latest posts