What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for smallest sleeve that will hold iPad 2 with Smart Cover

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not super tiny, but I am liking the Tuari 10.2 inch neoprene netbook sleeve I picked up at target for $13. It is bigger than the iPad though so it does move around a bit...but provides good padding for the iPad when tossed in a briefcase or back pack.

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw this thread 3 days ago and have been searching pretty much in all my spare time...this bag is it...

Weblizard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found this iFrogz case in a discount store:
http://ifrogz.com/product/IPAD-NV

Looks like leather- iPad 2 & smart cover fit- very snugly; it was obviously made for the previous generation. Right now, they're having a 50% off sale, so it's $30. Not cheap, but if you want the smallest possible case, I think this is it!
Hope this helped- now if someone can point me to a note-taking app that talks to Evernote and syncs to iCal... ;)

http://ifrogz.com/image/master/IPAD-NV_ipad-nv-blk.png_400_500

Weblizard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weblizard said:
I found this iFrogz case in a discount store:
http://ifrogz.com/product/IPAD-NV

Looks like leather- iPad 2 & smart cover fit- very snugly; it was obviously made for the previous generation. Right now, they're having a 50% off sale, so it's $30. Not cheap, but if you want the smallest possible case, I think this is it!
Hope this helped- now if someone can point me to a note-taking app that talks to Evernote and syncs to iCal... ;)

http://ifrogz.com/image/master/IPAD-NV_ipad-nv-blk.png_400_500

Oops- that should be 50% OFF $30...

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are two more from beyzacases:

bezyzacases Slim Bag Series

-800slimbag-detail110.jpeg

bezyzacases Wave Series Sleeves

BZ15122-TanTan-Front1.jpeg

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated first post with bags listed in the thread plus others that I've found. Note that I only included those that would hold an iPad2 with Smart Cover and not replacement solutions for Smart Cover.

Last edited:

ksn

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Blublub said:
Picked this up for the iPad 2 with Smart Cover and it is an absolute perfect fit - great case!

That's why I'm keeping my case!

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

The Hooded Claw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an Incase sleeve for 10.2 inch netbooks at Best Buy for $28 or so. It is as small as I think you'd want to get for iPad 2 and smart cover. Fits perfectly, and zipper is on the end so I can plug in while in the case. But in truth I suspect most 10.2 inch netbook sleeves will be similar size. I'd go to Best Buy, Walmart, or Target and check out what they have and leave with the one that pleases you.

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THIS one: the Targus Hughes leather portfolio sipcase

Picked this up for the iPad 2 with Smart Cover and it is an absolute perfect fit - great case!

I saw this case today at Best Buy and the brown one was only $29.99 compared to the Targus website that has it listed at 59.99. Best Buy also sells the black one for $59.99. Hmm I wonder why the price difference.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
living2345 said:
I saw this case today at Best Buy and the brown one was only $29.99 compared to the Targus website that has it listed at 59.99. Best Buy also sells the black one for $59.99. Hmm I wonder why the price difference.

I have the brown one, for which I paid $59.99 at Best Buy last May. I love it. If you can score it at $29.99, do it. It's a high-quality case and is elegant enough without screaming "there's an expensive electronic gadget in here!". Not sure why the $59.99 for the black one, though. Perhaps back is such a popular color whereas the brown probably didn't take off as well.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Weblizard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh wow, I just went browsing (and salivating) through the Waterfield site- here's a link:
http://sfbags.com/products/tablet-cases/tablet-cases.php

Bags have long been a weakness of mine- not girly purses, but good, functional bags- and I have bookmarked that site if I get the job I just applied for! (fingers crossed!)

I wonder if anyone's estimated the economic impact of just the accessory market for iDevices in this country...

Most reactions