What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for smallest sleeve that will hold iPad 2 with Smart Cover

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know there have been a lot of threads on cases but I have not seen discussion of the smallest case possible. I don't want it to hold cables or keyboard or anything other than the iPad2 with Smart Cover. I want it to be as small as possible. A plus would be for it to have loops for a shoulder strap messenger bag style. I want it to something professional that I will use to carry my iPad2 into meetings and such.

So far the ones I've seen are (EDIT - Added more sleeves from thread and beyond):

SFBags - WaterField Designs - iPad Ultimate SleeveCase - iPad Sleeve - iPad 2 with Smart Cover - TSA Checkpoint Friendly
sleevecase_leather_md.jpg

Vaja - Leather Products
tap491c.jpg

bezyzacases Slim Bag Series
-800slimbag-detail110.jpeg

bezyzacases Wave Series Sleeves
BZ15122-TanTan-Front1.jpeg

Targus Hughes™ Leather Portfolio Slipcase for iPad
im

im

iFrogz Sleeve
lifestyleheader.jpg

iSkin Ballistic
BLSTC-BK2.png

iSkin Monty
MNTY-BK1.png

Spek Sleeve
nbk-pxsl10-a02a03_glam001_1_1.jpg

Colcasac Sleeve
uintah_ipad_sleeve_corner_488.jpg

Leatherology
LWS64828B10135.jpg

-Greg

Last edited:

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This looks pretty darn good. I may have to get the one that fits the smart cover as well.

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
interesting..cool how you can choose how you want the bag...like vertical/horizontal, with or without a sleeve for ipad, and the straps...

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered the Ultimate Sleeve Case for iPad 2 with Smart Cover in vertical, no straps.

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check this one out:

Vaja - Leather Products

tap491c.jpg

Really like it but worried about having the open top. Want to have more full protection. Have to say that I love their products. I have their cover for my iPad 1 and have always felt that it is the best cover out there.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
THIS one: the Targus Hughes leather portfolio sipcase

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv75oIER6k4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I have it and I really, really like it. In fact, my current (1st gen) iPad has a MacAlly Flexitpad flexible clear protective case (skin, if you will) on it. At first, with the Flexitpad, it was a little bit of a tight fit but, as you all know, leather eventually loosens up just a tad and takes shape. Now it fits like a glove! Elegant, simple, plenty of padding, great materials and construction plus it's durable. It looks like a professional portfolio case that would normally hold papers and such, not screaming "expensive electronic device in here!" Since the iPad 2 is significantly thinner, I'll have more room in this leather portfolio case to work with in terms of additional protection for it (another Flexitpad perhaps along with the Smart Cover?).

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Targus looks pretty good! Thanks for the info!

-Greg

luckyleo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
take a look at the timbuk2 sleeve. I have one and am using it with a smart cover. I love it.

DeeGee48

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PixelSkin HD Wrap Case for iPad 2

Check this out.

Attachments

• image-1665316023.jpg
    image-1665316023.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 550

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fifi1992 said:
PixelSkin HD Wrap Case for iPad 2

Check this out.

More images

Attachments

• image-445290508.jpg
    image-445290508.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 492
  • image-341868404.jpg
    image-341868404.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 417
  • image-286691186.jpg
    image-286691186.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 417
  • image-1695856898.jpg
    image-1695856898.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 413

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It doesn't use magnets that work with the iPad, it has " micro suction" (tiny suction cups). It's essentially just another folio case with an unremovable front cover.

Apple has a patent on the instant on/off magnetic hinges and magnets in the cover positioning. And that's what makes the Smart Case so cool. Just add a back shell cover and you'll be all set.

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has a patent on the instant on/off magnetic hinges and magnets in the cover positioning. And that's what makes the Smart Case so cool. Just add a back shell cover and you'll be all set.

Agree with you. I dig the Smart Cover. I am putting a full BodyGuardz protection on front and back (textured for the back) and using the Smart Cover. Love that I can have easily remove the cover and get the naked experience but can carry my iPad around in the house or office with the cover on for screen protection. I started this thread because I am looking for something I can carry my iPad around in when going outside. I want it to be the smallest thing possible that still gives protection from the elements.

Most reactions

Latest posts