What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for 'post-it' app?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Hi guys

I'm looking to purchase an app that'll allow me to stick 'post-it' stickers on my home screens or desk tops. I want to type quick reminders to my self and post them visibly on my home screens (ie, i dont want to specifically have to open an app to view them)

Any suggestions?

Thank you

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Hi guys

I'm looking to purchase an app that'll allow me to stick 'post-it' stickers on my home screens or desk tops. I want to type quick reminders to my self and post them visibly on my home screens (ie, i dont want to specifically have to open an app to view them)

Any suggestions?

Thank you

I think there is a post it note app in the app store not sure if this is what you are looking for but it is there.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is an app I've used called "BugMe!" It's $1.99 (USD) in the App Store. With it, you can create notes that you can save on your home screen (typed or handwritten ... or pictures). In addition, you can set up alarms so that the notes can be used as active reminders.

It's a pretty cool app. Take a look at it and see if this is what you mean.

Marilyn

twinkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app that allows users to view webex video through devry course site.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. And I have Evernote. You can see stuff in the app like notebooks on the iPad's full screen, but you can't save a bookmark to your homepage.

Wouldn't that be cool! I'm going to look at the settings anyway, but I'm sure the answer is no.

Marilyn

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
There is an app I've used called "BugMe!" It's $1.99 (USD) in the App Store. With it, you can create notes that you can save on your home screen (typed or handwritten ... or pictures). In addition, you can set up alarms so that the notes can be used as active reminders.

Marilyn

Thanks. All downloaded and installed. A pretty cool app.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Marilyn

Downloaded it. Works, but Jeez what a PITA. Prime example of the workarounds required for simple tasks in iOS compared to Android. In order to put it on your home screen, you have to have internet access to upload the sticky note to the developer's server. Then you go to Safari and save the note to your homescreen from Safari. (BTW, the instructions are incorrect, telling you to use + to add the note to your homescreen. I assume that's the way it works on an iPhone, but not on the iPad.) An equivalent approach in Android would be a drop down that simply places the note as a widget on a homescreen.

Sorry for the rant, but from time to time Apple's ridiculous and crippling restrictions imposed by the "walled garden" application architecture just drives me up the wall.

Most reactions

Latest posts