What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for iPad+iPhone charger

Involute

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are lots of dual USB port chargers on the market but I've only found a couple that claim to be able to supply the 2.1A required by the iPad. One (from Kensington) has been discontinued (seemingly before it even shipped), and another (from Scoshe) has been poorly reviewed by users. Does anyone know of others they can recommend? Thanks.

mtealo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have bought the ExtremeMac. It does not advertise charging of iPad but it clearly works when I plugged it in. I bought it for $29.00 au. Hope that helps.

waderr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The important thing about any of the iPad chargers on the market today is that they need to be specifically designed for the iPad. The long life of the battery and the technology that went in to creating an sustaining such a device is its own worst enemy because the battery needs to be charged with a 2.1 A so be sure that you use one that is specifically designed for this. You can charge other apps at the same port but given that they are meant to be connected to a lower setting you will find on the plus side that they charge faster but on the down side your battery life will be reduced. That is why some of the iPad chargers on the market today come with two ports.

OP
I

Involute

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mtealo:

1. Which one do you have?

2. Have you tried charging the iPad and something else (e.g. iPhone) simultaneously?

3. How long does it take to charge the iPad (say, from half charged)?

4. How long have you had the charger?

Thanks.

Ckwilson73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have one by extreme Mac that charges an iPad and iPhone or touch at the same time. It's a desktop stand charger. I think I bought it at a office max or office depot. It works great.

mtealo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Involute,

1. Which one do you have? extremeMac in charge home plus IPH-IHP-13

2. Have you tried charging the iPad and something else (e.g. iPhone) simultaneously? Yes and it works fine with my 16gb 3GS iPhone and 1st gen iPad.

3. How long does it take to charge the iPad (say, from half charged)?I can't say as I put mine on charge every night but don't mind testing it out for you. The specs say twice as fast as a computer but computers don't charge iPads yet.

4. How long have you had the charger? One week now but have had some extremeMac products before and they seem reliable. Check out the specs on this page:

InCharge Home Plus: XtremeMac

mtealo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok so from 48% full it took me 4.5 hours to fully charge today. Hope that helps

Most reactions

Latest posts