What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for iBook Author app for iPad

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
As the title says, I am looking for an app to allow me to create iBook publications as well as edit iBook books created with the OSX version of iBook Author. There may not be one that exists. I have looked, but so far, I have only found one (Book Writer - eBook, PDF creator), but I am not impressed with the screenshots and I cannot tell if I can edit existing iBooks Author projects.

Would be nice if Apple would recode iBooks Author for the iPad. ;-)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are not iBook Author apps for the iPad. It's a proprietary app and only Apple makes and licenses it's use. So far they've only released an OS X version.

There are a few apps that will save to ePub. The OS X version of Pages will do so, so if you did the work in Page on the iPad then exported to the Mac for a final version you could create the ePub file that way.

I'm not familiear with the ins and out, but I've skimmed a series of articles on the subject. I'll PM you the link.

OP
Somerled

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Yeah, I have the iBooks Author for Mac on my MBP. I have even produced a couple books (for personal use, not published) that I have imported into iBooks on my iPad. I was just wanting to be able to make edits and touch ups when I was not on my MBP.

I got the link and bookmarked it to look at when I get home.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Somerled,
If you do ever find an app that works on the iPad like you are wanting, please post about it. I'm interested in this too. :)

Most reactions