What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for an app to help me with my family's budget

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hayroset said:
Any recommendations?

There are a ton of them! I tried several, some free and some paid. I finally settled on HomeBudget... http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/homebudget-with-sync/id306257910?mt=8&ls=1 ...There is a free lite version so you can try it out first. It is a bit confusing at first, when first trying to use it I got frustrated and tried yet another paid one but I went back to it and now only use it. It is feature rich which makes setting it up hard. Has nice graphs and other stuff. Cool thing with this is you can sync it with multiple devices. So if you have family members with iDevices that is a really nice feature. I use my iPhone for entering cash out and my iPad for managing the budgets and keeping track of all the info. It's $4.99/universal. I've emailed the developer twice with questions and got quick responses.

Edit:
I almost forgot to say

I can say this app has been useful for me, I have enough money saved for the new iPhone next month! Heh, I use iDevices to help me to buy new iDevices.

Last edited:

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jduncan said:
Return iPad and deposit money in savings account... Sorry, couldn't resist.

He didn't say he has a lack of money so that really wouldn't apply.

OP
H

hayroset

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jduncan said:
Return iPad and deposit money in savings account... Sorry, couldn't resist.

That's hysterical! I got REALLY REALLY lucky and my ipad 2 was provided to me through my job. Otherwise I would probably be listening to your advice. My husband is sooooo jealous of my ipad that I have to figure out a way to budget our money in hope of getting him one for his November birthday or Christmas. I figured if the ipad can help me with everything else then why not get its help with my budget.

You really made me laugh, thanks! I needed that!

OP
H

hayroset

iPF Noob
Reaction score
totemynote said:
There are a ton of them! I tried several, some free and some paid. I finally settled on HomeBudget... http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/homebudget-with-sync/id306257910?mt=8&ls=1 ...There is a free lite version so you can try it out first. It is a bit confusing at first, when first trying to use it I got frustrated and tried yet another paid one but I went back to it and now only use it. It is feature rich which makes setting it up hard. Has nice graphs and other stuff. Cool thing with this is you can sync it with multiple devices. So if you have family members with iDevices that is a really nice feature. I use my iPhone for entering cash out and my iPad for managing the budgets and keeping track of all the info. It's $4.99/universal. I've emailed the developer twice with questions and got quick responses.

Edit:
I almost forgot to say

I can say this app has been useful for me, I have enough money saved for the new iPhone next month! Heh, I use iDevices to help me to buy new iDevices.

Thanks for the advice! That's exactly what I need, help saving money so I can get an ipad for my husband. He is so jealous of mine, I almost feel bad. :)

DLCrouch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mint.com and really like it - there is a iphone version and they are working on a true IPAD app.

OP
H

hayroset

iPF Noob
Reaction score
totemynote said:
Hey there, heyroset. Did you pick one?

I did downloand mint.com because my cousin highly recommeded it and it was free. I'm not sold that it is the best yet because it is really for the ipone and not the ipad. I do like that it separates what I spend in each catagory like clothes and what not automatically. I'll probably download another soon to see if I like it better though.

Most reactions

Latest posts