What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a Keyboard app for the iPad 2

mikejb1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. THe standard Ipad virtual keyboard defaults to letters. So, if I want to use only numbers (sudoku etc) I have to keep pressing 123 button. Anyone kn ow a way around this? is there another keyboard that wojuld work with any app?

thanks all

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I appreciate that jailbreaking is not for everyone, but as has already been stated, the only way to replace the iPad system keyboard is to jailbreak and install a keyboard tweak.

Remember, jailbreaking is not illegal and is relatively risk free. It can be achieved with more or less a single click of a jailbreak enabling application on your PC if you are running 5.1.1. There are plenty of folks around who only jailbreak to use one or two little tweaks such as this. Jailbreaking does not prevent you from using any of the standard features of your iPad and it continues to operate as you would expect of a stock device. You can simply install non-Apple approved apps on the device after it is jailbroken.

Here is a link to our "review" of iKeyWi, the 5 row keyboard tweak for jailbroken devices.

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-ikeywi-hd-ipad-new-5-row-keyboard-tweak.html

It costs $2.99 from Cydia (the jailbreak app store). This tweak allows you to completely reassign all keys on the keyboard and also provides the standard 5th row and arrow keys :D

Head on over to our Hacking Section if you need any more info.

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
While the Keyboard Apps may be limited, I found using an external Bluetooh keyboard helpfull when I need to do a lot of typing. I then also do not have the keyboard obscuring a part of the screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts