What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locked Docked

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I installed a couple of the tweaks to my jailbroken iPad 2. Namely, Activator and SBSettings and now it seems that the dock is locked! There was a time when a swipe to the right revealed the music player, but now it's locked. Is that something I did via an option and didn't realize? How do I undo? I suppose it shouldn't be locked.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure you are not confusing the dock with the app switcher?

The dock never swipes to reveal music controls by default, unless you install a jailbreak app which enables that functionality such as "Scrolling Board"

The app switcher, which you get by double tapping home, is where you can swipe right to see the music player controls, and left to see more apps (assuming you have more than one page worth of apps open).

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are various tweaks that allow you to swipe to the right to reveal the music player on the dock. I don't know which ones they are, off the top of my head...

But, unless you've got a tweak like that installed, the only way to swipe right and activate, say, the volume is if you double-click on the Home button to reveal the multitasker bar [to do the swiping].

So, yeah, you may have a tweak installed - but it sounds as if it's not activated.

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! Exact time!

And I always look to ensure I'm not repeating anything someone else is/has said. Been "johnny come lately" too many times! :)

Kewl...

OP
M

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Are you sure you are not confusing the dock with the app switcher?

The dock never swipes to reveal music controls by default, unless you install a jailbreak app which enables that functionality such as "Scrolling Board"

The app switcher, which you get by double tapping home, is where you can swipe right to see the music player controls, and left to see more apps (assuming you have more than one page worth of apps open).

Hope that helps.

Yes, you are right. Thank you, I was confused, it is the home button. Sorry, for the noob question, I guess I just panicked a little, new at this Apple stuff.

Last edited:

Most reactions