What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock sound on ios9?

eddieg

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ive noticed with ios9 the lock sound with the Smart Cover sounds muffled anybody else notice this?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use a Smart Case on my iPad Air 2 and I also have noticed no difference in the lock sound when I close the cover. Have you checked in Settings>Sounds and made sure that the volume slider is not set too far to the left? If it is, slide it to the right and close the cover. Do you notice a difference in the sound?

OP
E

eddieg

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Everything is set right when I lock the screen manually the sound is correct when I use the Smart Cover the click is very faint. This just started happening right after updating to ios9. I did a hard reset home and power buttons still the same.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mine seems to sound about the same, but I can't say I've paid enough attention to it to be sure. It's loud enough that I notice it when I'm listening for it.

I've heard a few people complain about other sound/volume issues. The fix for those was to slide the sound to minimum, then back to maximum in Settings > Sounds. You could also try turning the Lock Sounds off for a while, then back on to see if that resets the volume.

If the Change with Buttons toggle is on, then the system sounds will change whenever you change volume settings elsewhere eon the iPad (buttons or general sliders). I generally leave this off, and have my slider on Sounds set near the max; so I know I'll always here alerts and notification (unless I turn on Mute).

That's all I can think of.

Most reactions