What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock screen code for ipad

codyhinson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey does anyone know yet if there will be a lock screen like on iphone and ipod where you can auto lock phone and put in a code to unclock?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe we will have some major function of the Iphone, in the Ipad and i think is one of the most important for lot of people

OP
C

codyhinson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi i appreciate the feedback but wouldn't it state that in the tech facts if it was included on the ipad, that is the only thing that worries me about the ipad is if im out in public on it and put it down or even at home with people visiting i would like to be able to protect my emails and stuff like i can on my iphone :) if you guys know of where i can research this or if theres a defin answer let me know :)

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi cody i just ask a friend working in the Ipad SDK (developing app's) he say , they have the same lock function as the iphone...

Me too can be a trouble if my wife or son can enter in my email but i have no worry as i believe they will have that function in the Ipad

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All email providers be it web sites like hotmail or those from service providers have access codes to enter. How come yours don't?

OP
C

codyhinson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have passwords i just wanted to know the main lock screen code was going to be there thats all my friend

windex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All email providers be it web sites like hotmail or those from service providers have access codes to enter. How come yours don't?

the ipad will access your web email automatically, and you will not have to enter your email password every time. Hence once you configure your iPad for your email, anyone with access to your ipad, has access to your email.

Hence the need for a lock on the ipad.

OP
C

codyhinson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you windex for making that clear to this guy i thought i was being clear enough to him. Do you think they will have the lock code like the iphone and ipod have since its the same operating os and iphone ?

windex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you windex for making that clear to this guy i thought i was being clear enough to him. Do you think they will have the lock code like the iphone and ipod have since its the same operating os and iphone ?

i asked a similiar question in my syncing thread... and the answers that i got was that it would have the same lock function as the iphone, since it is the same OS.

Most reactions