What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loading photos on to New iPad.

pimpers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Twerppoet, I will endeavour to explain better.

The photos on my PC are from my camera, the card was formatted while in the camera. The photos also have the same file name as it was when on the card before transfer. When I insert my card into the Ipad it does not recognise the photos.

Now I cannot get photo's off the Ipad onto the SD card, can this be done? Or is this through photosynthesis too?

The only way I found was to use Dropbox and that took for ages to transfer.

This is now turning into an expensive gadget that won't do what I bought it for!!!!

Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmm.

Under those conditions I don't know why the iPad is not seeing the photos. I suppose your camera may not be supported, but most cameras are. Have you tried connecting directly to the camera with the SD card installed and the camera on?

It is not possible to transfer photos from the iPad to the SD card. Well, maybe with a jailbreak, but not with the stock iPad.

I'm still recommending the PhotoSync apps for transferring directly between PC and iPad (or IPad and other iOS devices).

maxkulit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@tweterpoet

thank for the reply! one more question...i just bought a spy camera (intended to see what's going on when im not home..to know what the nanny is doing if she's hitting my kid) anyway the spy camera has a USB connector that i can insert to my pc but do you think it would be possible to connect it to my ipad so that i don't need to load this to my pc using the camera adaptor?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no way that I know of to directly connect a camera to the iPad. The camera will need an IP address on your home network, and some other software so your iPad can remotely connect to the camera on your home network.

Some spy cams come with all of this installed, but it sounds like your's does not. If that is the case you'll have to connect it to the PC, or some other external wi-fi capable device.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pimpers said:
Thanks for your reply Twerppoet, I will endeavour to explain better.

The photos on my PC are from my camera, the card was formatted while in the camera. The photos also have the same file name as it was when on the card before transfer. When I insert my card into the Ipad it does not recognise the photos.

Now I cannot get photo's off the Ipad onto the SD card, can this be done? Or is this through photosynthesis too?

The only way I found was to use Dropbox and that took for ages to transfer.

This is now turning into an expensive gadget that won't do what I bought it for!!!!

Thanks.

Hello pimpers, regarding your photos on your SD card...you need to create a DCIM folder on your card and put all of your photos in that folder. If you look at the sd card formatted by your camera, take a photo with your camera and then view your sd card on your PC, you will see that this photo was saved to the DCIM folder on your card.

Since you are loading your photos from your camera to the PC, you can do this directly from your camera to the iPad using the camera connection kit--as was suggested in other posts. You can also transfer photos from your PC to your iPad via iTunes.

Matt

pimpers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks MattIM and Twerppoet for your help.

I have found out why my photos will not transfer onto the pad via the SD card, it is because if the pictures are not taken on the same camera they will not be recognised by the pad. Why, I have no idea. Took about an hour of my time this afternoon to find this one out.

I have now managed to set up photo-sync on the pad and pc and pictures are being transfered OK. Why the hell this is not explained in detail within the Ipads documentation or by retailers I dont know but thank goodness for these forums.

I also have a dropbox account so at least pictures can be transferred this way too.

Most reactions

Latest posts