What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loading Movies

ruswinton237

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help,
I have tried to upload movies to ipad, can load to itunes, they play on itunes, but won't load to ipad, have tried various programs to shrink, convert to mp4 format, but still won't work, downloads from itunes work and load to ipad, but unable to load my movies to ipad, these movies are not copywritten.
Thanks

helob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help,
I have tried to upload movies to ipad, can load to itunes, they play on itunes, but won't load to ipad, have tried various programs to shrink, convert to mp4 format, but still won't work, downloads from itunes work and load to ipad, but unable to load my movies to ipad, these movies are not copywritten.
Thanks

Movie file has to be compatible with iPad. What is the movie file extension?
You need to convert to m4v format.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help,
Thanks

Welcome

iPad can run only movies of MPEG 4 type. Normally designated with the
extension MP4.
When you open iTunes you can drag the file directly into you Device area. No need to drag it into the iTunes and Sync. There is no need to Sync.
f you have another format, you need to convert it. I am using "Aiseesoft iPad Converter Suite" - works great.

OP
R

ruswinton237

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi peled,
I am using Cloner 8 to convert to MP4, will try to drag file over rather than sync.
Thanks
Rus

Most reactions