What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lending an iPad 2 to a friend

apm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to lend my iPad 2 to a friend but I don't want her to be able to use my data, logins etc. I was thinking to

a) completely backup my iPad with iTunes
b) Use the erase all data function
c) Lend it to her and let her use set it up under her own Apple account ID (I'm not sure if she has iTunes, not sure if this is a problem)
d) When she gives it back, I can restore my iPad from iTunes and have all my old data, photos, apps, etc.

Would this work? Thanks!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apm said:
I want to lend my iPad 2 to a friend but I don't want her to be able to use my data, logins etc. I was thinking to

a) completely backup my iPad with iTunes
b) Use the erase all data function
c) Lend it to her and let her use set it up under her own Apple account ID (I'm not sure if she has iTunes, not sure if this is a problem)
d) When she gives it back, I can restore my iPad from iTunes and have all my old data, photos, apps, etc.

Would this work? Thanks!

Yes, what you are suggesting should work fine.

The Archangel

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Well, you're kinder person than me :)

Yes, take every security and backup precaution you can. Personally, because iOS doesn't allow separate account logins, i'd NEVER loan my iPad, even to my closest friend. Too much personal info and private affairs close at hand for comfort if you ask me. But hey, i dont know you or your usage or your life style, so please, ignore me if i offend you, i dont mean to.

OP
A

apm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, you're kinder person than me :)

Yes, take every security and backup precaution you can. Personally, because iOS doesn't allow separate account logins, i'd NEVER loan my iPad, even to my closest friend. Too much personal info and private affairs close at hand for comfort if you ask me. But hey, i dont know you or your usage or your life style, so please, ignore me if i offend you, i dont mean to.

Agreed! Which is why I want to do a complete wipe of my iPad before I lend it. I have a ton of personal info on there.

Most reactions

Latest posts