What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

leather smart cover cleaning

md113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the tan leather smart cover and unfortunately whenever my hands are sweaty, I leave a slightly darkened spot on the cover... what have you guys been doing to clean and/or condition the leather? Which cleaners are ok to use? I think simply making the notebook darker might actually prevent the grease spots because they are just slightly darker than the tan, but noticeable..

THe apple site says it is 'crafted from high-quality, naturally treated material that gets its color from a rich aniline dye'.

Can I safely use Kiwi Select Natural-finish leather restorer (all colors)? It says it is "formulated for use on natural-finish leathers and deep-conditions and restores the appearance and suppleness of oil-tanned and waxed leather which may have dried out or become weathered from age or exposure"

Any bad consequences of this? Will it make the leather less soft/more rough? It says it might make the leather darker, wchih I think is probably a good thing..

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have no idea but please let us know how it works out if you decide to use the Kiwi product.

Most reactions

Latest posts