What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laugh Of The Day

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
image.jpeg

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Well I do as well . But I have a tendency to end up with a size ten in my mouth . Huhuhaha and odd as it is the words I sometimes choose from my selective limited vocabulary I am as dead serious in the pronunciation and what I think it's definition is . I become thoroughly convinced that through the years it is what my wrong definition is ,and that's the way it's going to stay until I humbly and without cockiness have been proven irrevocably WRONG .
HUHUHAHA

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well..... Here goes one of mine and I've proven it so many times
" If you have a choice between being humble and cocky if you are wrong on something ......go with cocky .........
you can always be humble later and apologize after you have been
proven irrevocably wrong ! HUHUHHAHA

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My current pet peeve is people who say "reticent" when they mean "reluctant." I assume they think it makes them sound more erudite, when in fact it reveals only ignorance.

We used to call this the Raquel Welch Effect, after the actress who failed at every opportunity to convince the world she wasn't just another bimbo.

Use the words you know, but know the words you use!

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The UK lunchtime BBC news today had an item about cricket coming to Germany with the incoming immigrants. To help those who may find cricket difficult to understand, I located a simple explanation to assist:

Cricket: As explained to a foreigner...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game

Simple

Most reactions

Latest posts