What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest OS versions - discussions

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was annoyed that it surprised me when I was trying to work around the dead spot on my screen, which is likely a still-unaddressed software problem. It's been years since Apple updates included a list of feature changes. Now, they just do whatever they think is "cool" without informing the user.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
FMost of the significant changes are listed in the first pages of the new iPad Users Guide for each new iPadOS version.
I was annoyed that it surprised me when I was trying to work around the dead spot on my screen, which is likely a still-unaddressed software problem. It's been years since Apple updates included a list of feature changes. Now, they just do whatever they think is "cool" without informing the user.

Most of the significant changes are listed in the first pages of the new iPad Users Guide for each new iPadOS version. They are also announced at the varios Apple events.

For detailed breakdowns of the changes the MacStories site has a very good article each year.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Be aware, iPadOS 16.2 is a 5 GB download, so budget several hours to install.

I didn't time it, but I'm pretty sure none of my devices took more that 15 minutes from beginning to end. Hold in mind they were all updates, not upgrades from iPadOS 15. Also, I used the iCloud update method, not from iTunes on a computer. Might make a difference.

Also, the original upgrade to iPadOS 16 also took less than an hour.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple also released iCloud for Windows 14.1, Safari 16.2, macOS Monterey 12.6.2, macOS Big Sur 11.7.2, iOS/iPadOS 15.7.2

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple’s latest updates:
tvOS 16.3.1 and HomePod software 16.3.1, with performance and stabilty improvements

There were updates for macOS Monterey (12.6.3) and Big Sur (11.7.3) as well.

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since last update my iPad seems to take quite a bit longer to charge ?

Most reactions

Latest posts