What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest OS versions - discussions

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apple published the following updates today:

iOS 16 for iPhone 8 and later, iOS 15.7 for iPhone 6s and later; iPadOS 15.7; tvOS 16, watchOS 9; macOS Monterey 12.6; macOS Big Sur 11.7
To All - will take our two Mac computers to Monterey 12.6 after I do backups and our iPads to 15.7, BUT not sure about our older iPhones (XRs) - at the moment going to just go to 15.7 and see what pops up about the iOS 16 upgrade on others' phones - seem to be a LOT of changes in that version. For those here who decide to go to iOS 16, please report any problems - thanks. Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Wasn't paying attention to the prompts. Accidentally updated the the iPhone to 15.7 instead of upgrading to 16. It's the first time there had been a choice to update or upgrade. Wasn't expecting that. So. . . waiting on the update process again.

Other devices all updated to iPadOS 15.7 as of a few moments ago. Only the Watch to go for updates. I'll do that over night.

Uhm, the Macbook Air needs updated too. Guess I should do that.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, as stated before, just went to 15.7 on our iPhone XRs, will now wait a little longer for more 16.0.x incremental releases - :cool: Dave

Well, glad that I waited - just received the OSXDaily email below - may not do our iPhones until 16.1 comes out? Dave :)

iOS16bugs.png

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple has announced that iPadOS 16 will be released on Monday, October 24th.
It is supported on these devices.
  • iPad Pro (all models)
  • iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
  • iPad (5th generation and later)
  • iPad mini (5th generation and later)

Last edited:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just updated my iPad Pro (first gen) to 16.1. It took a little over an hour, about twice as long as usual. When it finally rebooted for the last time, it naturally asked for my passcode, but did not display a keyboard. Eventually, it timed out and went black, but when I pressed the Home button the keyboard appeared so I could sign in. Just a reminder to be patient and not freak out if things go strangely.

Most reactions