What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kungfu Brain - train your pre-frontal cortex by playing two mini games simultaneously

ExK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
googlefeature.png

The digital era has brought an unprecedented level of access to cheap and addictive digital entertainment, notably games. Digital game sales, proliferation of gaming platforms and integration of games into social media have resulted in the so-called 'massive backlog' phenomenon. Specifically, gamers find themselves saddled with an enormous catalog of purchased but unconsumed games. This in turn causes severe mood swing, loss of appetite, and anti-social behaviors.

Kungfu Brain proposes to tackle this issue by strenghtening the pre-frontal cortex of a gamer's brain. This is achieved by training gamers to play at least two games simultaneously. The ability to effectively "simul-play" several games can potentially lead to multi-fold reduction in backlog clearing time. It's still a long way before a gamer can simul-play Super Mario Bros and Crysis. In view of this, Kungfu Brain strives to provide an introductory training platform to kickstart the initiative.

In every play session of Kungfu Brain, two mini games are randomly selected out of 5. They've very simple play rules. The difficulty ramps up gradually, and the gamers are encouraged to survive the mini games for as long as they can.

It's observed that consistently playing Kungfu Brain can vastly enhance one's simul-tasking skill. If Kungfu Brain is played cooperatively by two gamers, it might hypothetically achieve the side-benefit of social or family bonding, but the validity of this claim cannot be proven either analytically or experimentally, so it's beyond the scope of this initiative.

iTunes
========
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kungfu-brain/id610341312?mt=8

Youtube
========

Images
=======

S0.png

S1.png

S2.png

S3.png

S4.png

S5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ExK

ExK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
haha skimonkey, I've been developing games with a 'subconscious learning' theme for a few months. I'm not just here to spam my games. I'm reading my threads closely and looking forward to answering questions and taking feedbacks.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
haha skimonkey, I've been developing games with a 'subconscious learning' theme for a few months. I'm not just here to spam my games. I'm reading my threads closely and looking forward to answering questions and taking feedbacks.

Oh no, not suggesting that at all. I was just going to say that you have been quite busy in your development! Look forward to trying out some of these games you have. I could use a little improvement in my subconscious learning! :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll say you have a lot of apps! You've certainly been very busy developing these! Great to see!

I'm going to try some out too! ;)

OP
ExK

ExK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you leelai! I'm just starting out, so most games are small games. I hope to get some feedbacks, and I'm ready to help realize others' great game ideas, if they've any :)

OP
ExK

ExK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kungfu Brain has been modernized with a brand new interface. It has also added a 'level menu'. If you're about to reach level 5 for a particular combo of mini games, you can unlock it permanently. Also, the in-game interface has been enhanced to enable easier tracking of level time and level progression. Check it out!

Most reactions

Latest posts