What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Korean iPad 2 Wifi+3G in USA

easlocum85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am currently living in South Korea and thinking about buying an iPad 2 Wifi+3G. I was wonder if I buy it and then take it back to America will the 3G work with Verizon and/or AT&T 3G network. I noticed that Korean 3G iPad 2's don't really matter which Korea 3G network you work with, its all the same. Thanks!!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do the iPads sold in Korea have a SIM card? In the US there are two completely different 3G models sold - for Verizon, which has no SIM card and works on the CDMA standard, and AT&T, which has a SIM card and works on the GSM standard. The two models are fundamentally incompatible, so check which version you are purchasing. The Verizon CDMA model works only in the US and a few other countries. The AT&T GSM model works most any place.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts