What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knowing what you know NOW ~ would you still buy your ipad?

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not yet; closed mentality, no usb, no flash, no real file manager, no easy connectivity with my other devices.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it does what I want for the the type of device it is.

I wish I had limited Flash however. Not for games, but lately looking at real-estate and the multiple images does not work\show.

This could be easily fixed for me with a proper Realtor.com application other than the iPhone version.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, again. It does everything I need for this type of device. The integration of Dropbox with so many apps I use makes it very usable for almost everything I do. My laptop is sitting idle though I use my main computer but much much MUCH less. Not sure what it will take to move away from the Ipad when I upgrade. Since that's off in the future and not this year/generation a lot can happen and more be offered by Ipad and other tablets that interest me--or not.

Diane

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I would buy it!It's just incredible.I should've bought the 32GB 3G version, and not the 16GB wifi version.Maybe next time I will:D

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not yet; closed mentality, no usb, no flash, no real file manager, no easy connectivity with my other devices.

Why are you posting here if you hate the iPad....please either contribute something or move along.

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Why are you posting here if you hate the iPad....please either contribute something or move along.

It's called freedom of speech, forming your own opinion etc. A Forum such as this is for a frank exchange of ideas not just praise of the iPad.

I like my iPad, I use it every day and hardly ever use my notebook anymore but the iPad is not perfect. Hopefully Apple monitors these Forums and will take note.

I have another iPad related complaint. On the rare occasions that I my notebook these days, it spends thevfirst 30 minutes updating the virus software:).

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully Apple monitors these Forums and will take note.
We only share our name with a particular product and the company that makes it. Other than that, there is absolutely no relationship between this forum and Apple.

It's called freedom of speech, forming your own opinion etc. A Forum such as this is for a frank exchange of ideas not just praise of the iPad.

And I know it is a little OT, but...

As far as the whole freedom of speech thing goes, this is a privately owned forum and NONE of the members (including me!) have any right to say anything they want. No one is protected by the 1st Amendment here. This is not a democracy and you don't get a vote. The only "rights" we have are those that the owners want us to have.

This forum exists as a place for people to exchange ideas and information for maximizing their enjoyment and utility of the iPad. If someone wants to "dis" the iPad or other Apple products, those people tend not to last very long around here anyway. Give someone enough rope and they will eventually hang themself!

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So...I'm guessin you don't use it much? Why are you even here?

Yes, I would buy it!It's just incredible.I should've bought the 32GB 3G version, and not the 16GB wifi version.Maybe next time I will:D

Me too!! I did buy the 64GB wifi, though ~ I know me very well.:D

Yeah. What he said ^

I wouldn't hold your breath.

We only share our name with a particular product and the company that makes it. Other than that, there is absolutely no relationship between this forum and Apple.

And I know it is a little OT, but...

As far as the whole freedom of speech thing goes, this is a privately owned forum and NONE of the members (including me!) have any right to say anything they want. No one is protected by the 1st Amendment here. This is not a democracy and you don't get a vote. The only "rights" we have are those that the owners want us to have.

This forum exists as a place for people to exchange ideas and information for maximizing their enjoyment and utility of the iPad. If someone wants to "dis" the iPad or other Apple products, those people tend not to last very long around here anyway. Give someone enough rope and they will eventually hang themself!

Well said, Scott.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I like my iPad, I use it every day and hardly ever use my notebook anymore but the iPad is not perfect. Hopefully Apple monitors these Forums and will take note.

I have another iPad related complaint. On the rare occasions that I my notebook these days, it spends thevfirst 30 minutes updating the virus software:).

Yup, you have the right to say what you want...I also have the right to ban you.

My comment was directed at one of our users that has not once commented on anything without badmouthing the subject of our forum!!

While yes anyone can say anything, we are all here because we share a common interest and to have someone come on here and piss all over it because they think its cool or fun or cute is just not appreciated.

So if your comments are disruptive to the society and noone appreciates them we harbor the right to refuse service to any member here ;)

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, in a heartbeat!

I can't wait for the iPad II to hit the shelf. I'll be picking one up, along side my 27" LED mac :D

Not sure what I'll still be using my current iPad for.. maybe a real coaster??

Snafu169

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am biased, so not sure if my response is more honest, or me just being negative.... It would help to evaluate if the people who say yes are traditional Apple computer users or PC. I am a pc user so I still have issues with the propriety nature of Apple products, especially iTunes, just in general the way things are "controlled" , The tablet market however appears as though it is going to be saturated with proprietary OS for each tablet manufacturer along with apps for each so I don't see any consistency any time soon....

Oh here I go again I am rambling on again, I guess urge short answer is no I wouldn't buy it.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Snafu said to state if PC or Apple user. I'm a very very long time PC user but as I said earlier I would buy again. My computer and Ipad have bonded LOL via Dropbox so things are very good. I can live with the Apple ways for now. IMO each has its own restrictions, pluses and minuses,

Diane

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am biased, so not sure if my response is more honest, or me just being negative.... It would help to evaluate if the people who say yes are traditional Apple computer users or PC. I am a pc user so I still have issues with the propriety nature of Apple products, especially iTunes, just in general the way things are "controlled" , The tablet market however appears as though it is going to be saturated with proprietary OS for each tablet manufacturer along with apps for each so I don't see any consistency any time soon....

Oh here I go again I am rambling on again, I guess urge short answer is no I wouldn't buy it.

I wouldn't say that was negative, that was clear and concise and in the con category. You didn't just so "no flash, no good!"....thank you for that.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I am both, a PC and iPhone/iPad user. Soon a ipod touch user as well as a Mac 27".

In all honestly, I love the iPad for its ease of use and form. It's thin, and great battery life. I use it often around the house for facebook and reading the news and weather.

the iPhone 4 I have (before a 2G, 3G) is again, ease of use. It does everything I need it to, and it feels/looks good. The mapping software helps out from time to time. Facebook is great to keep in touch, and text/phone are great as well (on verizon). Surfing the web for down time is always a plus.

Why an iPod touch as mp3 player? Well for the price, it can also make my life easier. Instead of reaching for my iPhone or iPad jamming out to my MP3 player, I can just use my iTouch to check facebook, reply to that email, or look up something real quick instead of fumbling around for a device to do the same task.

I am being issued a company laptop. Windows naturally. I have a 23" HP desktop I'm typing on now. I have no problems with different forms of devices. However, windows is great, but it's got its issues. As do all other devices out there.

When I buy a product, I buy it for how easy it is to use, and what can it doubble up on? Why buy a special DVD player to stream netflix, when I can stream netflix off my PS3? Wasted money.. see what I mean? Function.

Most reactions

Latest posts